Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Random thoughts from a nonlinear mind

Tuesday night.
10:25PM.

Sitting on the couch with the laptop.
Playin' some music.
TV's on, but I'm not that interested in watching it.

Eva Cassidy's singing "It doesn't matter anymore" as I start this blog about, basically, nothing.

I just feel like typing.

I've been on vacation since the 22nd of December, and it feels great. I'm not gonna wanna go back to work come January 8th, I can tell that now. 5:30 in the morning is going to come very, very early that day. I'll have to fight the urge that I've developed to roll over in my big, new and extremely comfy bed to roll over and go back to sleep.

Unless, that is, I hit the Powerball, but that's not likely to happen, since I won't play it anymore.

There's a joke along those lines...

Every day, Marvin would get up and pray, "Dear God, let me hit the lottery", and every day, Marvin wouldn't hit the lottery.
Day in and day out, Marvin would pray, "Dear God, let me hit the lottery", but once again, Marvin wouldn't win.
Finally, one day, Marvin says, "Dear God, let me hit the lottery". The skies parted and God said back to him "Marvin, at least meet me halfway and buy a lottery ticket".

I still think that's a funny joke.

Song's switched to Jackson Browne's Here Comes Those Tears Again.

I do love that song.

The Christmas tree's still up. I'll probably leave the stuff up for another weekend at least. I rather like how it lights up the room. It gives the living room a great, soft glow, even if it does screw with the thermostat, making the room think it's warmer than it really is (the tree's about three to four feet from the sensor...throws off the readings...but since I'm a single guy, it doesn't bother me that much. I'll just throw on a sweater).

Norah Jones is asking me What am I to you right now. A fair question, don't you think?

Sure, I type fast, but I also pause every once in awhile to catch my thoughts, or scratch something, much like I just scratched a bite on the side of my head.

Oh, well. I'll just go back to flipping around on the TV and listening to some more music. Not much more to say, really. I'm just waiting, that's all...waiting and wondering. More of a holding pattern, I'd guess, but that's all right. I'll wait. I think the wait's worth it.

Gives me a chance to breathe.

4 comments:

Onestar said...

I finished that blog with this:

Answer

I will be the answer at the end of the line
I will be there for you while you take the time
In the burning of uncertainty I will be your solid ground
I will hold the balance if you cant look down

If it takes my whole life I wont break I wont bend
Itll all be worth it worth it in the end
Cause I can only tell you what I know
that I need you in my life
When the stars have all gone out
youll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently into morning
For the night has been unkind
Take me to a place so holy
That I can wash this from my mind
The memory of choosing not to fight

If it takes a whole life I wont break I wont bend
Itll all be worth it worth it in the end
Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
And when the stars have all burned out
Youll still be burning so bright
Cast me gently into morning for the night has been unkind

Rene said...

Less venting, more reflection. Remember, venting is not a bad thing per se, sometimes things need to be released.

It's my first time back in the office today after 4 days off and even that hurt already. Especially since the weather is stormy and rainy ... yuck.
But, come Jan 9 you will not even remember having had two weeks of vacation time :P

Lorri said...

It is my first time on the computer, in three days. I liked the respite, and time away.

Yes, venting can be a postiive thing, at the appropriate moment, and even when it isn't appropriate. LOL

I am glad you are remembering to breathe...inhale, exhale. Even sigh a bit in between.

Shauna said...

venting isn't always appropriate?

oh my ;)