Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Onestar Philosophy

In my life, I've come to a few conclusions about myself...

  • I've learned to enjoy the time I have with my friends, because sooner or later, friends grow apart.
  • There's no sense in staying mad at anyone or anything. It won't bother them, and all it will do is eat away at your soul.
  • I don't screw, lay, poke, fuck, hump, bone, or have sex. I make love.
  • You leave me alone, I'll leave you alone.
  • I don't believe in working any longer than I have to. When its quitting time, I am out the door. You don't like it, tough.
  • Life is too short to rush through. Slow down, take your time, and relax.
  • I don't believe in politics. They're a game for the rich and the idle few.
  • It may be trite, but I'm a lover, not a fighter.
  • I no longer know what the future has in store for me. Everything I once thought would be...no longer is. I prefer to live my life one day at a time, and wait and see what tomorrow will bring.
  • Don't tailgate me while I'm driving. Instead of going faster, I'll slow down on your ass.
  • There is no such a thing as coincidence. I don't believe in it.
  • Also, I don't believe in if anymore. It's an illusion.
  • Real women have curves. I've never been attracted to waif-thin supermodels, and probably never will.
  • I can live without TV. I can't live without music.
  • Try and see things from the other's person point of view. Respect their opinion while maintaining your own.
  • As a good friend has taught me, take the time to breathe and be.
  • Remember you're not gonna be right all the time. Just never admit you're wrong. ;)
  • Never say never. There are just too many possibilities in life...you have no idea what tomorrow will bring.
  • It's not the destination that's important, it's the journey.
  • I get frustrated. We all do. I've learned to step back and take a breath when that happens, and just try again.
  • I'll try just about anything once, but there are some things I will not do.
  • I won't drink, I won't smoke, and I won't get involved in a menage a trois. Why piss off two women when I can piss of one just as easily?
  • Try not to go to bed angry. It just ruins a perfectly good night's sleep.
  • Believe it or not, I try to stay fairly upbeat.
  • And last but not least, I like to smile. Especially at the damnedest times...it makes people wonder what you're up to.

12 comments:

Rene said...

I've seen this list somewhere before, but can't remember for the life of me where ... must be getting old ;-)

Lorri said...

Yes, you know I like the last line. :) :)

Onestar said...

I wanted to archive this here.
Every once in awhile, I forget these things myself, in my haste and impatience (which I still get).

It's good to be able to remind oneself on occasion. :)

Shauna said...

René IS getting old - as are we all.

I really like that you do this. Keeping perspective is a good thing.

Lorri said...

LOL, yes, Rene IS getting old!

Rene said...

Rene says: I sure will be getting old :D

Why is everybody out to get me-e-e-e *sniff*

Lorri said...

Oh, whiney-man, Rene. :) Get over it!! LOL

Onestar said...

Better Rene than me. :-D

Anonymous said...

...I like to smile. Especially at the damnedest times...it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Ain't it great? ;)

Happy New Year Sweetie!

Rene said...

Jeez, everyone get off my case, please ... if I wanna be a cry-baby nobody can stop me :P
Whaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaa ;-)

Shauna said...

René is getting old - as are we all. Onie & René just need to remember that I'm older and you need to respect your elders, you whippersnappers!

Onestar said...

Whatever you say, granny. ;)