Sunday, December 10, 2006

If only I had a witty title...

I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything here, and while there are some things I could talk about, right now isn't the best time. Thoughts are jumbled in my mind...things aren't entirely clear and focused, and I still have a lot of thinking to do.

When I can talk about it...make that...when I feel more comfortable talking about it, I will.

I did put up the Christmas tree yesterday. It's a beauty, but it's also somewhat sad. First time I did it entirely on my own. It just felt...strange...that's all.

Still have to put the villages up and the train as well. Gonna do that shortly.

Oh, and I believe I've fried the PCI bus on my main computer's motherboard. I've no sound, none of the add-in USB devices seem to work, and they're now showing up in the control panel. Think I know how I did it too. I zapped the USB hub on my desk with a electrical surge, and I think it traveled down to fry the bus. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen, it's just the first time its happened to me.

Gotta be careful, this time of year. Static electricity can build up in houses, and electronics are incredibly sensitive. I'm usually more careful about that (I know what to do and what the consequences are), but this was just an accident, and shit happens.

Back to my thoughts, I guess...

3 comments:

Lorri said...

Hi sweetness...remember to breathe, inhale, exhale, breathe.

Take your time, no need to rush...but, if you need to talk, you know I am here...

Oooooh, sorry about the computer. I know, it is such a nuisance. I did retrieve all of my files, that I had lost...whew!

Anyway...just dropping by, sweet Onie.

Hugs n Love

Shauna said...

Post what feels right to you and your comfort zone. (Partly why I slash & burn mine so much).

sorry about the doozy-whatsis on your computer (It's all Greek to me).

Breathe.

Anonymous said...

You talk about what you want when you want to...it is your blog BTW

The youngest turns 16 on the 15th...meaning no Christmas decorating until after the 15th. Gotta make his day special too ;) Unfortunately, I decorate alone...the family critiques - I do the work.

Never had a static issue myself - thanks for the reminder though. My computer did get struck by lightning once...

Happy Holidays!