Friday, December 29, 2006

Sleeping in tomorrow

This...is my new bed.

I'd been sleeping in the same, small, crampt twin-sized bed for the last...well...let's just say it's been a long, long time since.

I'd wanted to get a new, bigger bed for some time, but My Kid and I had butted heads on the subject. She swore it couldn't fit in my room (this picture should prove otherwise, although I did have to move some furniture around to make it fit), and probably couldn't understand why I wanted one.

I stand six-foot-two, and I am not a small man by any means. I outgrew that bed years ago, but out of respect for her (and her fear of change) I didn't get the new bed.

Now, however, there's been nothing stopping me from getting it.

One of the things I had planned for during my vacation was to get the bed. I ordered it on Wednesday and they delivered it today. The Original Mattress Factory. Great place. Good prices. You can even get a tour of the factory to see them make the beds (as long as the tour doesn't put you to sleep...get it? Bed? Sleep? I'm so funny...).

It's taken a long time to get to this point, but sometimes, we have to wait for these things. Things that we have to work for, wait for, are generally those that are most important in our lives. They've been truly earned, and that's sweeter than anything else.

Rest assured, tomorrow morning, I'll be sleeping in. I like to think I've earned that rest.

9 comments:

Shauna said...

ohhhh. I cannot tell you how nice your new bed looks. I'm VERY happy for you. Enjoy it and sweet dreams!

Rene said...

Good for you! Sleep in! As a matter of fact, I just got up and I am thinking of going back to bed again ;-)

Can't believe you've never heard that song *shocked*
I've put it out on my website: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wirtzr/Sounds/

Lorri said...

Ooooh, I like, and like the fact you bought yourself a present, so deserved.

Enjoy it, sleep well, and have sweet dreams on it.

Good for you, baby-boy! :)

Anonymous said...

finally something big enough to share

Onestar said...

Too bad I'm not sharing it with anyone these days...

Anonymous said...

oooo nice :) I like the blanket on the top too...the design.

Onestar said...

Yeah, I thought the blanket kinda added to the nice chenille bedspread. :D

C to the Woo! said...

So you're not sharing the new bed with anyone right now...you've just started to figure out who YOU are and what you want. The "someone" will come into the picture when the time is right. As for "anonymous," some people just have to make snarky comments in one way or another...ignore it.

Onestar said...

Have I mentioned how much I love that lady... ;)

She's always there for me... :)