Monday, January 08, 2007

Five months

It was five months ago today that The Kid went into the hospital.
Tonight was the first time she asked if she could come home.

It was a question I'd been waiting for and dreading at the same time. How do I explain it to her that this isn't her home anymore, that where she is now is her home?

I told her that, "you know, you haven't walked in a really long time and there's no way you could make it around the house, up the stairs, and they're gonna take really good care of you out there".

One of the hardest things I've ever had to say.

I know the subject will come up again. I know I'll have to tell her again and it'll be easier.

Tonight, tho...

I'll be fine. No worries about me.

Five months to the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember to inhale and exhale.

Just try to keep your perspective.

Shauna said...

oh jeez

How hard, m'dear. It's never going to be easy, but a lot of times the truth isn't easy.

be well and like Lorri says...keep breathing.