Friday, January 26, 2007

Unknown Caller

It's most annoying.

Someone's been calling the house for the past few days, and the caller ID says it's "Unknown Caller".

I was home for one of those calls. Answered the phone, but no one spoke.

I must admit, I love the sounds of silence as much as the next person, but really, if you're gonna call me, say something.

If you're the person who's been calling me and not saying a thing, at least leave a message if I'm not here, willya?

I'm sure you'll find me a most delightful person to have a conversation with.

Just don't call right now, please. I'm watching my new Andre Rieu DVD, New York Memories. The music is turned up and I won't be able to hear you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How rude! Indeed! Aside from annoying.

<3

Anonymous said...

Breathe back at them...breathe hard.

Onestar said...

Ya know, that's not a bad idea. *Insert evil laughter here*

Anonymous said...

I had/have this same problem at times. Was really irritated until I found out it was a signal issue with some cell phones. They could hear me but I couldn't hear them...

Shauna said...

I only answer my home or cell when I know who is calling. I figure otherwise if someone needs me, they can leave a message. Put it on ignore and enjoy your day/evening.

Onestar said...

Are you kidding?

I'm gonna have fun with this...

Sterl said...

Next time that happens, put in a pizza order!

Onestar said...

Next time, I think I'll grab a book and start reading it to them. :-D

Shauna said...

I used to get a lot of calls for a plastic surgeon's office. I started telling people they are too ugly for plastic surgery. ;)

Rene said...

It wasn't me ... :D
I've grown into the habit of not answering the phone (landline or cell) when there's no caller ID.

You know, every Saturday for weeks now there has been a show on TV about Andre Rieu going to New York *nods: