Saturday, January 20, 2007

Maybe I should've stayed home instead...

Saturday. It's usually the quiet day of the week, spent around the house sleeping in, cleaning up, doing laundry, and whatever else needs to be done because there isn't enough time during the week.

Today, however, I decided to treat myself to a nice evening out. Dinner, bookstore, coffee shop...that's what passes for excitement for me.

So I head out, across the river to the Waterworks at La Cappella (one of my favourite little Italian restaurants around here) to start my night out.

Across the bridge, it's a quick hop over route 28 and I'm ready...wait...why isn't this idiot not stopping...

A quick slam on the breaks and lay on the horn.
Some jackass pulls out, right in front of me.

I stop before I hit him, but the guy driving the Jeep behind me (who thankfully wasn't going fast), couldn't stop before he tapped my bumper.

We both pull over. Neither one of us took any damage, we were both all right, and we both agreed that guy was a jackass for pulling out like that.

That was step one.

Get to the restaurant with no further problems, go inside and get a seat. It's always interesting being the only person in the place eating alone, but it gives me a chance to watch the world around me.

Of course, ten minutes past before the waitress shows up to take my order, but once again, it's all good. I can look out the window and see the world pass by.

She brings the soup. Wedding soup. I love wedding soup, but this is more broth than soup, and the broth doesn't taste all that good. Sigh...

That was step two.

I finish dinner, which was really good, all things considered. Baked three cheese farfalle pasta with sausage. Tasty.

Finish dinner and go to stage two: The evening at the coffee shop. Order myself some chai tea from Caribou Coffee, who has the best chai out there, and am ready to sit back and enjoy the rest of the night...

...until I see my horoscope for today.

It says to "take the morning to do what you need to do because your home may be the center of entertaining tonight".

...

Screw step three. I came back home and decided to call it an early evening. I've already tempted fate. I ain't takin' any more chances.

12 comments:

ProsePetals said...

Eeeeesh what an evening!

Wedding soup should've been the biggest clue. Even after the jerkoff on the road. Wedding soup is one of those things....*sigh*....it can be truly divine, or it can be pure shit. I dunno if I could step beyond bad wedding soup. *laughing*

Hope you have a relaxing evening within the relative safety of your four walls.

Shauna said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound. The soup is kind of a bummer but the pasta sounds good (oh and the chai too). Rest & relax.

G'head...jump on your bed. I won't tell.

Onestar said...

Actually...

I just got a call from my buddy.
He's feelin' kinda low and depressed, so we're gonna go down to Dave and Busters.

Imagine that. Two guys, both the same age, both bachelors, and neither one of us have dates on Saturday night. He was doin' laundry, and I was cleaning earlier...

Go figure. :)

ProsePetals said...

Yeah well...two bachelors at D&B's should be a fun way to knock off an evening. *nod* That place is just a mondo blast. Watch out for the munchkins, though. ;)

Have fun with it! :)

Shauna said...

Couple of guys having a good time together on a Saturday night - nothing wrong with that. Have fun!

Rene said...

You know, as sad as doing laundry or cleaning on a Saturday sounds, we are who we are and we might have be happy or at least content. Sure, it could be much better, but it could be a lot worse as well.

Weekends for me are all about rest and domestic stuff as well; I'll go out during the week after work :P (Esp when I get the client to pay for it :D)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the "tap" was just that...no damage - no injuries.

Onestar said...

Yeah, no damage, no injury, no worries.

Just annoyed at the idiot who caused in the first place. :-D

Anonymous said...

I am glad all is okay, and that nothing was wrong with you. Whew!

There is nothing wrong with two guys, two bachelors not having a date on a Saturday night. Actually, if you take a poll, most bachelors and bachelorettes, more than likely do not have a date on Saturday night. No big deal, be secure with yourself, and it will all be good.

I sometimes think people put too much into the concept of dating.

Breathe, inhale, exhale, and, I hope you enjoyed your time out.
<3

Onestar said...

The night out was good, thank you, m'dear. :)

I love Dave and Buster's. I can so go there and spend an evening just playing games with no problem...

Sterl said...

Down with horoscopes, down with the proletar-

*thinking*

Heh heh, sorry got carried away there...

Onestar said...

Once again, Sterl is going for World Domination...just this time, through my blog.

Hey, I can't think of a better place to start. ;)