Saturday, January 27, 2007

One Hundred Thousand Miles

A Hundred Thousand
Tonight, the car hit 100,000 miles. For my metric friends, I believe this converts to either 2.754 million kilometers, or 12 hectares.

Not bad for a ten-and-a-half year old car.

I was ready for it. Had the camera with me when I went out to dinner tonight.

Stopped at one of the local malls after getting a bite to eat to wander around, visit with a friend that works at one of the local stores (thankfully, it wasn't busy so we could chat for a few minutes), and then got back in the car to go for a tea and a stop at Barnes and Noble.

Headed out of the parking lot, it happened.

I even used the camera to record a video. Mind you, it's not the best quality, but what do you expect when I'm driving with my left hand and holding the camera with my right, while watching the road...

Still, I think it was pretty good. See for yourself (and this is the first time I've used YouTube, so be gentle):

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My car has 100,189 miles, and it is nine years old.

Congratulations! I guess...lol.

Momentous.

<3

Rene said...

Is that Andre Rieu I hear in the background? Symphony for a Saturn?

Onestar said...

This is the first car I've had that has reached 100,000 miles.

For me, it was a special moment.

And yes, Rene, that's Andre playing on the CD player. Waitingfortheworms over at DA burned a CD of it for me, not realizing how many CDs and DVDs I own...but it's a great mix for the car. :)

Shauna said...

Congrats on the 100K mark. It worries me a bit that you were attempting to drive and document history at the same time tho. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats...I suppose. :)

Sterl said...

Forget the 100,000 miles - do you not see the future implications?

ONIE'S ON UTUBE, ONIE'S ON UTUBE, IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE HE'S PILLOW MODELING!

*turns off caps lock*

Onestar said...

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!

Oh, this is a golden opportunity...

The power of the pillow in video form.

If it's bad enough to scare Sterl...

*insert maniacal evil laugh here*