Friday, June 27, 2008

What is this "weekend" everyone tells me about?

Since I've gone "off the clock", the concept of "the weekend" has become somewhat strange. When you're not working during the week, what's so special about the weekend?

To me, the weekend is a pain in the butt. There's more people out and about, in the stores and on the roads, getting in my way. During things "during the week" is much better. Quieter, more peaceful, more tranquil.

Oh, well.

I miss Julie. I really miss being with her. It's not easy on either of us, but...all I know is that when we are together, it's so worth it. I don't need to do anything when I'm with her, other than spending the time with her. I'm content to just sit and relax or walk the dog or go for a drive in the country with her.

I'll see her soon. It'll be good seeing her, waking up next to her in the morning, sharing quiet moments and little things. I smile a lot when I'm with her...smile a lot thinking about her...so it's all good.

A few things happened this week that I'm not ready to talk about publicly just yet. Depending on a few things, I hope to talk about them sometime next week.

Last night, one of the most impressive storm systems blew through here. It was a constant lightning show for, at the very least, 45 minutes. Power kicked off a few times only to come back on (but off long enough to screw up a couple clocks).

It was comfortable earlier this week, with the highs in the upper 70's, but before the storm hit town last night, temperatures went up and so did the humidity. I had the A/C off as long as I could before the house got intolerable. It's on now, and it's comfy in here.

My Dish Network receiver's on the fritz. The picture slides over to one side and it's constantly fuzzy. It's the HDMI port...same thing happened before...but when I tried to explain to customer service that I already diagnosed the problem and just needed a new receiver, they insisted on sending a tech out to the house.

Thankfully, the tech called me before coming out. I told him I did the legwork and diagnosed the problem. He concurred with my diagnosis and put in the RMA for a new receiver. Should be here Monday.

Other than that, there's not much going on. I'll wish you all a "happy weekend", but for me, it'll just be another day...

6 comments:

loveno88 said...

Now that Im back at work, sleeping in this morning was f*cking amazing!!! (yeah, I know its Friday)

TGIF!!!

Rene said...

Weekend is when you can sleep in without feeling totally guilty :P

I think I saw that thunderstorm the day before in Columbus, Ohio. Right when I wanted to walk back to my hotel; had to stop for 30 mins for the storm to pass by. The following day I heard there were two tornadoes in the area.

Seeing how lightning still has the ability to fritz anything, I wonder if your receiver is not broken because of a electrical surge. To me it's bizarre that in the country of the inventor of the lightning rod, lightning still has the ability to power down entire neighborhoods.

Shauna said...

Upper 70s isn't bad...mid to high 90s here...

:)

Mrs. Hillis said...

Whatever happened this week, I just hope all is well. Take care.

Cami said...

Hope everything's okay. *hugs*

Having been a phone tech, I understand where the person you talked to is coming from - they can't just take self-diagnosis because of the people who don't know what they're doing. Glad you were able to get it taken care of though!

rrraa!

Foodie said...

I hear you on the weekends. I have been working them for the last.... almost 10 years now. I had the weekends off for 3 weeks while I was doing training on my new job and I totally hated it.

Best day to have off? Monday, everybody is working (and hating it!!)

<3