Sunday, June 22, 2008

193

Julie and I were talking earlier today, and she wondered why I hadn't blogged in the past few days. Apparently, she's been checking here daily, looking to see if I've said something (I have no idea why), and I haven't posted since Wednesday.

There are things I could write about, but I'm not ready to talk about publicly, either here or in that Singular spot. When the time's right, I'll reveal 'em here. Just not yet.

I am sitting here listening to Three Dog Night. When I was with Julie last, their song "Out in the Country" was going through my head (I have no idea why), and when I get a song stuck in my head like that, I cannot rest until I find the CD.

No, not a digital download. The CD. I've ranted about why CDs (or vinyl, for that matter) is far, far, far superior to shudder digital, and if you haven't seen it yet, or wonder why, here's one reason. I also did a podcast on The Loudness War, which is really ironic, since I'm talking about how I dislike compressed, crappy sounds...in a compressed, crappy podcast.

But right now, Three Dog Night, as I said, is blaring out my speakers as I watch storm clouds gather overhead. No, it's not a metaphor, it's the weather. There's been thunderstorms here in the afternoon and evening for the past few days.

Speaking of which, I just had to go upstairs and shut the windows. There was a drop in pressure, a cool and strong wind blowing through the house, and those things usually mean it's gonna pour any second. But I digress...

Earlier tonight, while dining at my favourite eating establishment, I was watching the traffic go by and just enjoying the moment. This is something that my ladylove doesn't understand about me, I think. I've eaten alone many times. Watched movies alone. Gone places, gone on vacation, alone.

I think it's a good thing that there are aspects about ourselves that the other doesn't "get" just yet. We're so alike in many ways, but in others, we're different, and I like that. I like trying, sometimes, to understand those differences and celebrate them.

I know Julie loves me, and she's beginning to understand me, at least I hope she is.
I do love her, and I do miss her terribly.

No rain yet. I think I'll shut up now, go get a drink, go into the living room, listen to some more Three Dog Night and wait for the rain...

4 comments:

Cami said...

Many people underestimate the value of alone time. :)

Shauna said...

alone time IS a good thing sometimes.

:)

Rene said...

Everybody needs alone time ... and I'm sure Julie gets that.
We had a lovely thunderstorm here last night :-)

loveno88 said...

I like my 'alone time', but not at a movie theater or restaurant. I like my alone time sitting in my living room or driving in the car.

I am starting to understand you and appreciate you more each day.

I miss you as well and cant wait to see you again. I love you...