Thursday, June 12, 2008

Early morning, Dekalb style

Okay, so 9:18AM isn't exactly "early morning", but it's still quiet here at Julie's house. The kids are still asleep in bed (ah, to be a teenager on Summer vacation again...well, okay, so I'm 40 and on a different sort of Summer Vacation), and it's just me, Kadie and Rico. Bob is somewhere around here, but I haven't seen him this morning.

Got in yesterday afternoon, and it was wonderful to be back here. My love is tired...going back to work after being off for so long, having to get up in the wee hours of the morning isn't helping...but I think she's happy to see me here. At least I hope she is.

The drive over wasn't too bad. Seemed there were more than a few state police cars on the interstate than usual, but that was all right. I obeyed the limits (for the most part) and got here in about 8 and a half hours. Not too shabby.

The night before, a friend of mine and I went out to the mall. The folks from Amber Forever Amber, my friends Don and Fran, were at one of the local malls, and my friend wanted to meet them.

For those of you who've seen my rings, you know they make the best. They do their own settings, cut their own stones, and their craftsmanship is top notch.

I was looking over their rings (as I am wont to do), and something new caught my eye...

Binary


I looked at it for a few seconds before realizing...it was a zero and a one! It was binary! BINARY!

The geek in me knew I must have it, and they were extremely pleased that I got it. Their son designed it, and they said he'd be pleased to know the person who got it understood the meaning.

So I've got my geek ring, I'm with my lady, and I'll likely be offline for a bit. Julie's got stuff for us to do...she wants us off our respective computers...and I have no problem with this. It'll be interesting doing things in a "real" world, but y'know what? These computers ain't all they're cracked up to be anyway...

See ya soon, kids.

P.S. There's a kid update over at that other place. You know the routine: If you can get it, you get it. If not, sorry.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Binary!

Cami said...

Oh, that's hilarious! XD

In other news, fswkme. Um.

Eric S. said...

Hmm...that's either computerspeak or somewhat dirty itself, Cami... ;)

DarkerNights said...

sweeet!!!!

really that's awesome.

Rene said...

You're such a geek LOL

Denise said...

Rene took the words right outta my fingertips...LOL

opstuose