Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wake me when it's over.

Another late night last night...

During dinner the Kid said dinner (after she was mostly done with it) didn't taste right, and she started to get a little sick. I told her, if it didn't taste good, why did she eat it? She said she was afraid I'd get her something else...I tried to tell her I wouldn't do that, but by this point, she was having the dry heaves. Quick trip to the ladies room, but nothing came of it.

Took her home. She's still heaving. Got her some pepto, but it didn't help. Only after she gave out three belches that put me to shame, she said she felt better.

Of course, it didn't last. By 8 she was heaving again, and nothing would stop her. It's off to the emergency room for the evening...and of course, once again, the doctors did the usual litany of tests only to find nothing wrong. They gave her an injection which helped calm her down and she started to feel better...so they gave her some pills and let her go.

No sooner do we get home and she starts to get sick again. No heaves, thank goodness, but she's afraid she gonna get sick, so she's home, relaxing, trying not to talk.

Me? I'm back at work, running on about five hours sleep, when I'd rather have had a good seven hours. Forgive me if my face falls into the keyboard and gets smooshed...

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I hope she's feeling better. Once she does, sneak a few extra hours of sleep in.

Anonymous said...

Tell mom I said hi. I hope she's much better.

Onestar said...

I will, m'dear.
And she's feeling a little better, but she's still having other problems...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.