Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Summer's officially here, I guess

About a month or so ago, I ordered new front porch awnings. The old ones I threw out last year...they were torn and starting to look a little...bad. I think I started to see mold on 'em, and at that moment, I knew it was time for them to go.

So, the guy from the awning company told me they'd take about a month to be made, and they'd call us before they came out.

This afternoon, they showed up at the house without calling. Told the kid they were here to hang the new awnings.

Gotta love that.

When the front porch awnings went up, that was, for me at least, the unofficial beginning of the hated time of year: Summer. I've never been one for the heat. Give me cold weather any day (or night). Like a computer, I work better when cooler.

The screens are in the doors. The windows are open. The ceiling fan's spinning, and I'm on the couch with the laptop and my shorts are on. If it must happen, then please, please...if there's some greater being out there...let it be a cool Summer? Please?

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Summer.....yeah!


burn, baby, burn!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...but a warm summer means more girls with less clothes...never knew you to turn that opportunity down sweetie...times must be changing.