Sunday, May 07, 2006

What about me?

In my last post, some anonymous person left this:

Anonymous said...

What about things for you ?

What about me? Hey, I'll be the one going to the ballgame. Really and truly, that's what I enjoy more than anything, and I'll be doing that for me.

As for the other stuff, especially taking care of the kid...

I was raised to take care of others before I take care of myself. It's a value that was instilled in me early on. Make sure everyone else has something to eat before you eat. A host takes care of his guest before he worries about himself.

My kid's needs are more important than mine. My friends needs are more important than mine. Yeah, I'll take care of myself, and I will...only after YOUR needs are met.

That's part of who I am. That's part of what makes me me. That's not gonna change.

If you disagree with me, I'll respect your decision, but you're not gonna change my mind. Taking care of those I care about means more to me than taking care of myself.

Pure and simple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a fine balance, isn't it? Of course you want to take care of those who depend on you - without getting lost in the process.

Good for you. Be proud of everything you do. :)