Thursday, November 06, 2008

This post is full of shit

So much shit.

Over the past few weeks, I've bought 8 really large Rubbermaid containers to pack shit in. So far, five of them are totally full, and one's halfway there.

I bought six medium sized tubs. They're pretty much full of shit.

And I've got more shit to pack.

I'm willing to wager that everyone out there who reads this blog has moved their shit at least once in their lives. I haven't. I've never had to do this before. I've lived in the same place, with the same shit, for the last 41 years.

This is daunting. It's overwhelming at times. I'm not only going through all the shit I've accumulated, I'm going through shit that belonged to my family. My mother's shit. Some of my brothers shit that they left behind when they moved. I get to go through it all. When I bought the house two+ years ago, I inherited all of that shit.

Julie and I talked earlier today, and she finds it nigh-impossible to believe that I haven't gone through all this shit before. There's three reasons for that. First, I didn't really think about the shit. Second, it wasn't in the way of my shit, so I didn't give a shit. Third, some of it was The Kid's shit, and the feelings and emotions were too raw to go through the shit. As time passed...I really didn't give a shit.

No shit.

So now I've got over 50 years of shit to go through, and believe me, some of this shit is really shit. I'm not sure where the end of all this shit is. I might be near it. I've gone through 90% of the shit in the basement (leaving only the Christmas shit and some of the more interesting shit to clean out), and 70% of the shit in the kitchen and dining room. There's one big red tub in here that's just full of my CDs, and that sonofabitch is heavy shit. It's gonna take two of us to lift it, I think.

I've completely canceled my Dish Network service. Originally, I was going to just put it "on hold", but when I got the bill today saying they didn't "pause" my service, and I got billed for the full month, combined with the fact that I can't get Dish at the new place, I went and canceled it. Might not even get cable service at the new place, just get high-speed internet access and leave it at that.

Yeah, I've found a place to live out there. Nice two-bedroom townhouse that's really a little bigger than my current home. There's just no basement and a two-car garage. I'll actually have a garage, and the best part is it's pretty much right across the street from Julie's place. I figure, I can save money on gas while there...I can walk home when she needs a break from me.

I want to move out there in the next couple of weeks. I've gotta see if I can line up a few folks to help me move shit from here to a storage facility. Even if I have to keep some of the shit there short-term while I get the house on the market, that'll help.

I'm just tired. It's been a very long day, and tomorrow's gonna be even longer, I think.

This weekend, I'm going to go around and talk to my family, let them know what's going on. Tell them I'm probably not going to be here for Thanksgiving...hmm...I wonder how that'll go over.

And then, I've gotta go out and tell The Kid. That's going to be the most interesting conversation of them all. She's already asked me once if Julie and I talked marriage (a very surprising thing to hear from her...shocked the shit outta me), and I know she'll be happy to hear that Julie agreed to be my wife...but I don't know how she's gonna take the fact that she won't see me very much anymore.

Sigh.

I miss Julie.

I think I'm done for the day. I've got a DVD in the player (Alonzo Bodden...very funny comedian), and I'm waiting for Julie to call me after she gets off work and gets a bite to eat. Odds are, she's starving, after working all afternoon and evening. Other than that...

I'm gonna try and catch up on others blogs this weekend. Been behind on that, sorry.

I'd add more shit, but I'm too pooped out.

4 comments:

Rene said...

That's a lot of shit, my friend.
And even the 4 or 5 times I moved I never had to haul a lot of shit, just because I don't have a lot of shit :D
But good luck with your bowel movements, thoguh :-)

loveno88 said...

As Ive told you before, you wont have to go through this much 'shit' again. It gets less and less every time you move!

I love you and cant wait to move my shit into your space... :)

Cami said...

Y'know when you see a word enough times, it doesn't look like a word anymore?

Yeah.

Good luck with the move. ;]

Denise said...

*laughing*

...sorry, I *do* feel your pain, having moved MANY times. You will get through this shit. *nod*