Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quickie Sunday night notes

I'd love to blog daily with what I'm doing before the move, but that'd get boring really quick. Instead, I'll just post when major events happen, or if it's late and I'm bored and I feel like writing.

Like tonight, bored and feel like typing.

* Went out to check on The Kid today. Naturally, when I got there, she was asleep...mouth wide open but not snoring (loudly). I stood in the doorway for about 15 minutes, watching her sleep, and then left. Dropped off a set of rosary beads and some toothpicks for her before going.

Okay, about the toothpicks: She was always searching for a toothpick for obvious reasons. Even without her bottom teeth, she still asks for 'em, and while I don't think the staff would give them to her, and she can't really use 'em, I had a small pack of 'em. Left it there to make her feel good.

* Stopped at a rather packed Wal-Mart. I swear, if everyone's feeling an economic crunch, what the Hell are all these people in there doing, with shopping carts packed full of crap?

Wait. Almost forgot. It's Wal-Mart. Nevermind.

Got some groceries for the week and a few more tubs, which I used...

* When I got home, I packed away photo albums. I gave my brother some of the older photo albums (pictures from before I was born) yesterday, and wanted to put the rest in storage. My brother has a thing for genealogy and family history, so I knew he's like to have those albums. I kept a few of the older ones, as well as those from the year I was born. No worries, love. I'll be bringing those.

Ran the totes down to storage, and came back intending on taking a second shipment when I found boxes with old papers of Mum's. Rather than take those down sight unseen, I decided to wait until tomorrow to look through them, and decide what can be stored or shredded.

Mind you, I did look through some of those albums, for photos of me when I had the long hair, just to prove to the world that I had a full head of hair, and I found one of myself from 20 years ago that's downright scary. I'll scan and post it somewhere, but consider yourself warned. It ain't pretty.



The agent comes tomorrow to put the house on the market, and it's a wreck. Sigh. Where's that bulldozer to just push all this shit out into the backyard?

2 comments:

Rene said...

Is that a quip at me? ;-)

You're mom is going to miss you, you are so good to her. But she will also know that you are doing the right thing for yourself ... and you've deserved and earned it :-)

Your house is gonna be fine, a little mess is not a problem, makes it look alive!

Mrs. Hillis said...

Don't you just love it when you work and work and work, then turn around to admire the fruits of your labor AND IT LOOKS WORSE THAN WHEN YOU STARTED?!? Yikes.

Chin up, hon...you'll get there.