Monday, November 24, 2008

It ain't funny now...

...but I'll laugh at this some point.

I finished packing the upstairs late last night. Everything there is packed away except for the sheets and towels I'm using, and stuff in the bathroom. I even packed away the digital clock sitting on my dresser.

Got to bed after Midnight last night. I rolled over sometime while it was still dark this morning, and thought I'd heard a faint electrical buzz. Figured it wasn't anything important, and it'd go away when I went back to sleep.

Only thing was, it didn't go away.

I finally had to get up. Checked my cell phone's time, showing it was about 10 to 6, and I knew exactly what it was.

Somehow, while packing, my clock's alarm switch got turned "on". Mind you, I never use that alarm...I'm one of those bastards who can wake up on their own when it's time...

But, you ask, how can a clock, unplugged, packed away in a box under a blanket and a pullover, make noise?

Bless and curse the maker of the battery backup for this one. Sigh...

Tried to go back to bed, but couldn't. This is gonna be a long day, methinks...

P.S. Oh, and Julie? The mantle clock, the piece of furniture I own that you love most of all, stopped at the exact moment I got up. Guess what's getting packed today.

7 comments:

Rene said...

Oh dear ...

Eric S. said...

Another member of the early morning club, I see?

It's been so long, I'd forgotten what 5:30AM was like...

loveno88 said...

LMAO.....thats funny!

DarkerNights said...

lol.. well yeah.. XD

that's a fiestin clock!

Rene said...

Usually Denise and the kids get up between 5.30 and 6. I try to get up at that time as well, but today I slept in till 7am *LOL*

Mrs. Hillis said...

I'm off from work this week, and I'm still getting up at 5 a.m...that blasted internal clock of mine won't stop going off...lol!

I don't envy you the move you're having to go through, but I am so happy for you for what lies ahead!

Cami said...

*laughing*

pledo!