Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving thanks

I can see more than half of my dining room table.

All things considered, this is a rather impressive feat, since the dining room table became the staging area for my move a few short weeks ago. I've had it piled with papers, boxes, junk, tape, shit, my laptop and almost everything else. I had a small space at the one end, just large enough for a placemat, so I could have a place to eat.

Now, tonight, I can see the other side of the table (even the tabletop) with ease.

I look in front of me and I see a dark living room. No lights in there...they've all been packed away in boxes. For that matter, that's all I see. Boxes. Totes. Containers.

A life packed up to fit in a seventeen foot moving truck.

Hopefully, it'll all fit.

Slight change of plan. We're picking up the truck first thing tomorrow morning. I figure, we have it for four days, so might as well get it tomorrow and get a jump start on packing.

I'm really not looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Rene said...

Stay the course, my friend. Tomorrow is just another day!

loveno88 said...

You have too much to be thankful for to not enjoy the day.

I love you...

Mrs. Hillis said...

It's just a day on the calendar...think of all that you have to be thankful for waiting for you in Dekalb!