Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday morning, 8AM, CDT.

Good morning from DeKalb.

Been a few days since I've posted anything here, but what wonderful days those were.
Julie, her youngest and I had a great time in Pittsburgh...we went everywhere from the museum (the Hillman Hall of Gems and Minerals is still awesome), the Zoo (hit and miss...some cool parts, but too linear and too many people), the science center and Kennywood again (so Hailey could have some fun there), to great meals and some wonderful times together.

The drive from Pittsburgh to DeKalb wasn't too bad. We left early enough, but it was like I was experiencing it again for the first time. Maybe it was because my love was seated next to me, talking, sharing the occasional smile, playing my PSP (until she got to a point in Luxor that she got stuck and was ready to throw the PSP out the window...thankfully, she loves me enough to put the game away), that the drive seemed different somehow.

Usually, I just drive straight through, but this time, we stopped at this little roadside family restaurant in Ohio (since Ohio seems to go on forever and a day anyway) for breakfast. Nice little place. She said she was hungry, and the fast food fare you find in the rest stops wasn't what she wanted, so I stated looking around the exits for either a restaurant I knew or for a hotel...find the hotel, you'll find a restaurant.

After a side trip to visit our friends in Joliet, we came home. Hailey was happy to be back here...not that she didn't enjoy herself, but she was just ready to come back here. I think Julie didn't really care where she was, as long as she and I were together.

Our love grows stronger daily. She told me the other day she was getting comfortable with me, and I told her that can only be a good thing. I do love her with all my heart, and she loves me the same. I've found the love I've waited my life for, I believe. When I am with her...I'm happy.

This weekend, there's a festival we'll go to on Saturday, and we'll head into Chicago on Sunday to see the Museum of Science and Industry. Julie and I bought a membership at The Carnegie Museum of Pittsburgh, and with our membership, there's a great reciprocal program that gives us free admission to a number of science and technology centers, as well as museums, around the country. It's an incredible deal.

I'll be here for a bit. When I come back to the 'burgh, you'll know...until then...be happy for me. I'm with the woman I love, and I don't need much more than that.

P.S. They say a picture's worth a thousand words. Well, rather than write another thousand, I'll just post this...

6 comments:

Shauna said...

glad you're happy & with your love

enjoy!

Rene said...

:-)
Just happy to read this!

loveno88 said...

You need a bandage?

EFSchetley said...

Thank you, My Priestess and Rene. :)

And no, love. No bandage.
Tomorrow...the button down shirt...

Cami said...

You're bouncing all over the country! It's good to hear that you're so happy.

Denise said...

I'm just glad you're happy. *nod*

I can say plainly that I haven't been "worried" - hence, no pulse check. *grin*

Erm...brought to you by...*tilts head*...ehilzykg...whateverthefuck THAT is. *laughing*