Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A quiet evening

Wednesday morning, 12:04 AM.

In two days time, I'll be picking Julie up from the airport. She's coming back for a visit, brining her youngest daughter with her. We're gonna have another fun weekend here, and next week, we're gonna drive back to Dekalb together.

I've missed her. Missed her a lot, and she's missed me too. She told me earlier today that, since we met four months ago (today, in fact...and spent the whole night talking), there hasn't been a day gone by when we haven't talked. E-mails. Phone calls. Text messages. IMs. One way or another, we've talked, and I can't wait for each new conversation.

I love her more each and every passing day. She is wonderful, and the brightest star that's in my life. I don't have a job. No one's calling, no one's offering me anything, but I don't care. I have her love.

Okay, by now, you're probably bored senseless, listening to me ramble on about Julie.

Painted my front porch today. I intended to do that months ago, when Summer started, when I was going to put up my front porch awnings. Since the awnings have been...misplaced...I've ignored the front porch.

Julie, when she was out here before, loved to sit out on the porch and watch the world go by. Well, since she's coming back for another visit, I figured I'd go ahead and fix it up for her.
Yesterday was an offline day for me (and it is yesterday...it's after midnight), spent scraping and painting, After painting, went to the home improvement store for a new welcome mat. Also got a new rug for the porch, but needed some double sided tape to hold it in place. Later today, I'll go out, put down the new rug, bring up the chairs, the table, and maybe sit outside and blog from there.

I've also been reading Brad Meltzer's The Book of Fate, an excellent book. Bought it at Costco for about six bucks, and it's been a good read, a quick read. Meltzer's crafted a fine tale, and it's highly recommended.

My right ear's itchy. Sorry. Had to scratch it.

If you don't hear from me for the next few days, it's because I'm doing a little cleaning, a little fixing up, and getting ready for my love to come.

5 comments:

loveno88 said...

Yay! We get to sit on the front porch!

See you soon, baby! I love you...

Rene said...

Now you can yell at neighborhood kids to get of your lawn *LOL*
It's good to hear that things are going so well!
Enjoy, my friend, enjoy.

Eric S. said...

Damn kids and all that... LOL

Denise said...

She's *brining* her sister?? *blink* I didn't know there was a salt water beach in either PA or IL...

*laughing*

*hugs*

...brought to you by ylqutte...whateverthefuck THAT is...

Eric S. said...

Um, Prosey, m'love...

She's bringing her *daughter*.

*LMAO*