Friday, August 08, 2008

Two years today

Two years ago today...well, long time readers of this blog, dear friends, know what happened today.

When I told Julie about it last night, she was worried that I'd be rather maudlin over it, upset, moody and depressed.

Rather the opposite.

Yeah, things aren't easy right now. I've no job, but it's all right.
I've got a woman who truly loves me. My life really isn't all that bad right now.

It's certainly better than it was two years ago (with no offense or insult intended toward my kid, but those close to me know what I mean).

Driving home today from having the car worked on (yet again...when I do get a job, I'm going to look into getting a new car, hopefully), Blues Traveler was playing Optimistic Thought, and the chorus, well, just about summed things up pretty well:

Life I embrace you
I shall honor and disgrace you
Please forgive if I replace you
You see I'm going through some pain
But now I see clearly
And the dawn is coming nearly
And though I'm human and its early
I swear I'll never forget again


Smile. I am.

4 comments:

Rene said...

Smiling is good :-)
All in time, my friend, all in time *nods*

loveno88 said...

I love you, baby.

Eric S. said...

In time, my friend. In time.

And I love you too, baby.

Lorri said...

Thinking of you, thinking of mum, thinking of what two years has brought you.

Hugs