Monday, July 23, 2007

The next few weeks...

...should prove very interesting, indeed.

I was reading over my blogs from this time last year, some private notes I've kept for myself, and thinking about memories about what has happened.

My Year From Hell firmly started about this time. Days with four or three hours of sleep. Phone calls at work nearly every five minutes. Paranoia. Insecurity. Doctor's tests. Frustration.

I've had the chance, over the past few days, to reminisce over the past year, to think about what's happened, and to consider the ramifications of it all.

Hmm.

To top it all off, my best friend...someone I've known for years, someone who was there for me from the start of this Year From Hell...will be leaving Pittsburgh tomorrow to start a new job in Las Vegas. Got her packed up over the weekend, and she's leaving tomorrow afternoon.

Words cannot begin to express the thanks and gratitude I have for her. She was there when I needed someone nearby to vent to, to listen, to understand...

All I could offer is "thank you". Seemed insufficient, but it's all I could say.

So...once again...Thank You.

8 comments:

ProsePetals said...

Very thoughtful, Onie-man. :)

hmmm this comment brought to you by neknpg...*grin*

Foodie said...

wow, it's already been a year...

hopefully Year From Hell will be followed by The Best Year Ever *hugs*

Mrs. Hillis said...

Best of luck to your friend, Onie...

And as cherry said, may this year be your best yet.

Kel said...

*hugs*

i'm seconding ms cherry... fingers crossed that the next year will be the bestest ever!

Dark0Goddess said...

I hope your new year will be better. :)

Onestar said...

Thank you, my friends.

I hope it will as well.

Oh, and prosey...that sounds dirty. ;)

ProsePetals said...

I thought you'd appreciate that...lol...just as a follow-up: owkfp

Shauna said...

On the bright side, it gives you a good reason to visit Vegas. While I agree there's nothing like face to face, a good friend will remain so even after a move.