Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Driving with the moon

Went out to see The Kid tonight. She's doin' pretty good (thanks for asking). She was still up when I got there around 7:30 (night owl!), and we sat and talked (okay, I did most of the talking, but she did respond to things I'd say, and did offer a little).

It was a good visit with her.

Around 8:30, she was getting tired, so the nurses came and put her to bed. After they got her ready for bed, I gave her a goodnight kiss, made sure she was tucked in with Huggy Bear and then wished her a goodnight.

Left the nursing home and stopped at Starbucks. Yeah, I treated myself to a Chai. I figured...it was a good night...I'd splurge.

Driving home, out my window, the moon was high in the sky. It's very comforting, driving at night, seeing the Moon up there. I figured I was "Driving with the Moon", and that's a very comfortable feeling. Nice night, comfortable (not too hot), window down, music playing (Judas Priest playing "You've Got Another Thing Coming" on the XM).

Driving with the Moon. Yeah, it was a good night...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she is doing okay, and you had a nice visit with her. ^^

Rene said...

Hang on to those nice moments, Onie, they will reinforce the good momentum *nods*

ProsePetals said...

Glad to know she's doing well, amigo. Next time you see her, give her an extra hug from me.

*smiles*

Shauna said...

that moon was a bit bigger and brighter than usual, eh?

Onestar said...

Thanks, folks.

Yeah, the moon was a bit bigger than usual, and it was nice company.

Brenna, what big eyes you have. ;)

Hugs will be given, and yeah, I enjoy these good moments...

Dark0Goddess said...

Awww, glad she is doing well. I love when the moon is out, driving or otherwise. There's a certain power in that celestial body. It's energizing to see.

Foodie said...

the moon was huge on my side of the planet too, it looked extremely cool

good to hear the kid is doing ok and that you had a nice night with her :)

DarkerNights said...

cool.



i was thinking a nice tranquil drive home with the moonlight n stuff.. then judas priest was read and.. um.. i unno. lol

but i'm glad. :) :manhug: