Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sleep is a beautiful thing

If you haven't heard by now, My Kid...my mother...has been admitted to a hospital and will probably there for awhile.

For the most part, I've understood that this was the only logical option. I've really only had one moment of indecision, one moment of wondering if I was doing the right thing, one moment of regret.

It didn't last too long. It only too a phone call to her when she was rather nasty (something she didn't mean and really couldn't help) to remind me I was doing the right thing.

After talking with some members of the family, they tell me that there's a history of dementia in the family. Mind you, most members of her family died well before their 80's, so we have no real way of verifying what exactly is wrong.

All I know is that she's somewhere where they can help her, 'cause I sure as heck did all I could.

Oh, and for those of you who've asked about my friend...we have no real update. There's a chance the cancer might've spread to the bone, but without a baseline MRI, it's impossible to tell. She's putting on a brave front, tho. It's all just a matter of waiting and seeing what will happen.

Now excuse me 'cause I'm gonna go take a nap.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Good luck with your sleep, m'dear. I really do hope you get a chance to catch up. Best wishes to your mom, to your friend and to YOU.

be well.

Lorri said...

Yes, sweetie, sleep is a wondeful thing. Take naps in between it all, and try to catch up.

My thoughts to you, mum and your family...always...but you know that.

My thoughts to your friend.

Take care, sweetie. I think of you all the time.

Hugs

Lorri said...

Oh, forgot, you did everything possible, and please try not to feel guilty. You did more than most would do.

Anonymous said...

*large hug*
It seems to me you've done everything you could for as long as you could. (more than most would - I suspect)

You are both in my prayers...