Saturday, August 19, 2006

Promises, Promises

I was raised to believe that if you give your word, you don't go back on it.
My word is my bond. My honor depends on it. I rarely give my word on something, but when I do, it's a guarantee that I will keep it. I will not go back on it, and for my life, I have always kept my word whenever I've given it.

That is, until today.

I gave someone my word years ago about something.
Now, I must go back on my word.

This won't be easy.

Please forgive the crypic nature of this blog. Right now, I don't want to go any further. Some of you might know what I'm talking about, most of you probably won't.

Doesn't matter. As I said, forgive the cryptic nature. When I can, I will explain myself.

4 comments:

C to the Woo! said...

This is something that can't be helped. You have to do what is best. That is not going back on your word, that is being a man.

Lorri said...

Sometimes when we give our word, we don't foresee circumstances that might arise, excactly the way they can, and do.

Your choices are the best, given the current situation. You are not going back on your promise/word, you are moving forward, in the necessary direction.

It is okay, sweetie, I know what you are faced with.

I love you. Hugs xoxoxo

Shauna said...

We make agreements - with ourselves and others - based on information and circumstances at that time.

be well

Anonymous said...

*hugs*
Was raised that way myself sir....And can only say I'm thinkin' 'boutcha