Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yeah, I should be sleeping, but...

...instead, I sit and read and listen to music and blog and stuff like that.
Tomorrow morning (likely VERY early) I'll get on the road and go back out to DeKalb. I've missed Julie so much these past couple weeks. It's amazing how happy she makes me (and how happy I make her). With her, I'm complete, I think. She has my heart, and I love her so very much.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You've heard it all before. What else is new, I know.

Well...

I had a real estate agent come by and we talked about selling the house. I could do one of two things:

  • Sell the house as/is for less money, or
  • Fix up a few things and get more cash.


It's a no-brainer, really. It'll require a little scraping of old paint (and the wallpaper it's been painted over), a fresh coat of new paint and (maybe) ripping up 20 year old rugs (I've got hard wood...floors!), and I might be able to get an extra few grand out of the house.

Also, I've gotta take paintings and pictures down (no biggie, since I was going to do so anyway) and take out some of the furniture (once again, already planned). The real estate agent said there was "too much furniture in the dining room", and really, she's right. Besides the table and four chairs, there's a bar, a dresser/cabinet, an entertainment center loaded with photo albums, DVDs and CDs, another entertainment stand with the stereo and more movies and music, an old organ...the list goes on.

The good news is, according to the research she's already done, houses in my area sell fairly quickly, within an average of sixty days. That's not too shabby, given the current economy (but then, this isn't a big, super-expensive home, and the Pittsburgh market hasn't been too too bad). My insurance will cover the house for six months, should I have to leave it vacant that long, before the coverage drops to fire only.

And, best of all...I get to be closer to my love. I think I can live with that, and the extra bit of work that needs to be done isn't that bad.

So, yeah, I'll be leaving Pittsburgh behind, moving out to DeKalb. My family...well...I've talked to two of my brothers, and I know they're worried, but they also understand that it's my life, and they know that Julie makes me happy.

Julie...

Okay, I think I will call it a night, now. Go to bed and get some sleep. Do a little more cleaning out tomorrow, call it an early night (promise!) and be ready to go see my angel...

4 comments:

Mrs. Hillis said...

Good for you, hon...good luck with everything!

Rene said...

Safe travels, my friend.
And I hope you will be able to sell the house for a good price without having to completely remodel it.

Denise said...

:)

Shauna said...

follow your bliss