Sunday, October 26, 2008

A surprise...

This weekend, in Sycamore (DeKalb's neighbor), they've had a cool Pumpkin Festival with a parade, rides, decorated pumpkin contests...just a big party.

We went to the high school yesterday for an antique show (vendors too, but with some cool stuff...like amazing cinnamon banana roasted pecans), and wandered around a bit.

Today, we got up early went back into town. You have to go early for three reasons:

* Get a good parking spot
* Get a good parade viewing spot
* Get some good food.

And there was good food a-plenty to be had. Caramel apples. Beer-battered Brats on a Stick. Spiced Apple Cider.

Julie, Cory, Hailey and I walked around for a bit, the sun shining and a cool breeze whipping through the streets. We stopped in a candle and scent shop and Julie got a cool scented oil diffuser. We all got free tea lights. There was a cat in there. It was really cool.

Leaving there, we walked up the street. I said "let's go in here", to a jewelry shop Julie brought me to before, when she got her Grandma's old ring cleaned and fixed.

There's been a ring in there that Julie had wanted since she first laid eyes upon it. An orange diamond. Gorgeous ring.

Today, when we went in there, I bought her that ring.



Putting it on her finger, I whispered in her ear "you do know what this means, don't you?" She said "I'm going to marry you".

It was then I asked her to marry me. She said yes.

:)

8 comments:

loveno88 said...

Hes mine. All mine. Forever.

I love you, Eric.

Eric S. said...

I love you, Julie.
Forever.

Rene said...

Wait ... does that mean I can't have him? *confused*

Love the news, my friend!

Shauna said...

gorgeous ring!

punkins, rings and a proposal....cool weekend!

Denise said...

*big smile*

I'm happy for both of you, and it has nothing to do with the word verification of factrall - strangely fitting as that is...

*hugs*

DarkerNights said...

sooo

cophrum
LOL .. that just sounds funny.

congrats onie man!!!!

DarkerNights said...

lol

comfi
stay comfi!

Eljen said...

Congratulations, Onie! And to Julie, too... :)

(Beruthiel here, by the way. Found a link to your wonderful news from Rene's page).