Sunday, September 07, 2008

Answer

Sunday night. 8:25PM. Pittsburgh, PA.

Kinda quiet around here.

Julie's been in Joliet for the weekend at the race. We've talked several times, sent text messages, but it's not the same. I wish she were here or I was there. I'd love to hold her, sit across the dining room table from her, or just, as she's so eloquently puts it, chill.

Went out to check on the kid today. She's had a perm...for those of you who've seen her, you'll know she's never had a perm in her life. It was a little strange, seeing her with perm-ed hair (I've no other way to describe it), but it kinda fits her. I think she likes it.

The first question she asked me (after the tears from seeing me and a bit of a hug) was "where's your girlfriend". She asked for Julie. Wow. That's never happened before. Guess what, sweetheart...you're in, if she asks for you right away.

Stayed with her for about an hour, even though she slept part of the time. As I was on my way out, my oldest brother was coming in with some ice cream for her. She'll like that. I stopped to get the tires rotated on the car, did a bit of shopping (found the last two Dale Jr. Limited Edition Amp Energy Drink cans for Julie), and came home for the evening.

Been doing a little web-surfing, relaxing, and some light reading. A typical Sunday night, I guess.

Heh. Typical. I don't think I know the meaning of that word anymore.

Last night, I went to my favourite fast food establishment for dinner, but as I sat there, after I ordered, I felt so...empty. It was the first time after spending so long with my love that I'd gone out to eat by myself.

For so long, I've just gone out and never thought about it. I just got my dinner, ate it, and moved on. Last night, I realized...I don't want to just have dinner out by myself anymore. I don't want to be alone anymore. I want to be with the woman I love.

I'm waiting, but it's not easy. It's taken me this long to find her, I'll wait a bit longer, until we're together. "It'll all be worth it, in the end", or so Sarah McLachlan says.

I'm tempted to believe her.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

breathe deep

Eric S. said...

Breathin', m'dear.
I'm breathin'.

Mrs. Hillis said...

You have to breathe, of course, but you also have to take steps to MAKE it happen...and that's what you are doing by looking for work closer to her. See? I knew if the right one came along, then you'd make the steps to be with her. You had to have the motivation, and that motivation is the love you have for Julie. That's awesome.

loveno88 said...

I miss you too, Eric. I know what you mean by saying, 'its not the same'.

Soon...

Rene said...

Yeah, soon, soon all will fall into place. Keep the faith, brother!