Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Home(?)

I got back in the 'Burgh around 7PM.

The house was still in one piece. The fish was swimming happily. I gave him a bit more food than usual. If he's not alive in the morning, it's 'cause he was just so happy to see me.

Started to do a bit of stuff around here. Stripped the beds, tossed in a load of laundry, and kept going until I sat down at the computer. That was all she wrote. As long as I'm moving, I'm good. If I stop, I'm done. I stopped.

The neighbor dropped off my mail about an hour and a half later. We talked for a bit. I told him if I didn't have the interview, I wouldn't even be here. He understood, and admitted he's surprised I haven't said that sooner.

Haven't had a reason to say it sooner.

Talked to Julie. She was having pizza with the kids. (She always seems to have the good stuff after I leave...I'm just teasing!) I figure by now, she's stretched out in bed, since she has to get up for work early. Tomorrow night, she's working the overnight shift (but she has Friday off). She's gonna be busy. She'll have things to think about, so I hope she won't think about me not being there.

I can't help but think about her. Always do, even when I'm busy.

I'll go upstairs and flip the mattress (the hardest mattress she's ever felt, or so she tells me) and put new sheets on it. Guess I'll just relax for a while before calling it a night, and get up early tomorrow morning, ready for the interview.

Try not to miss my love. Try being the optimum word.

Sorry if this is depressing, kids. I'm a little tired. I'll try and be more upbeat next time, promise.

4 comments:

Rene said...

No worries, Onie-man, these are very common withdrawel symptoms *bear hug*

loveno88 said...

My bed was so empty last night without you. I miss you. I slept like shit even though my sheets were clean and I was dog tired.

How many more days???

I love you...

Shauna said...

gonna be ok

Squooshiewoodums said...

Good luck with the interview! Hope things work out the way you want them to.

*hugs*