Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Poor little puppy...

Over at my flickr page, I posted this shot of Julie's dog.. I love this shot so much, and I wanted to blog the story behind the shot.


Poor Little Girl


Kadie Madison is a chihuahua-shih tzu mix. She's totally lovable, extremely playful, and a bed hog. Yes, this little dog somehow manages to take up more of the bed than everyone else in the house, myself included. She loves to snuggle, and has almost pushed me out of bed on more than one occasion.

Yesterday, she had an appointment with the groomer. Julie's kids have been trying for some time to get their mom to have Kadie groomed, and get the hair out of her eyes. Finally relenting, the appointment was made, and a very nervous and scared little Kadie was left with the groomers to get "prettied up".

After a couple hours (and a nervous mother and daughter...the latter wanting her little puppy back home), Kadie was ready to be picked up.

We went over to the groomers and got the little angel, all trimmed, hair out of her eyes, looking like a little puppy all over again. The ride home, she leaned against my chest (nowhere near as hard as she did when we were leaving her there...she was pushing with all her might against, not wanting to be left there), and walking into the house, she seemed...lethargic.

This little dog has a lot of energy. She's very playful, happy to toss around a ball or bite my fingers and growl (playing, of course...I call her the "ferocious little beast" when we play). Yesterday, though, she didn't want to do anything. I tried to take her for a walk and she didn't want to move.

I shot this photo on the porch of the house. She looked so pathetic! I love how the background of the photo's overexposed. It emphasizes Kadie, I think, and the look in her eyes...

It wasn't until Julie got home from work and told me it was the bandanna around her neck that she was upset over. When they first put a collar on her as a puppy, she moped around for almost four days before getting over it.

Julie took the bandanna off, and the happy, playful little dog returned.

Right now, Kadie's waiting for me in the other room, waiting for someone to go play with her. I think I'll go see if she wants to be a "ferocious little beast" and have some fun...

5 comments:

loveno88 said...

Thats my Maddie....I love her.

This dog is so very loved, its sick! She looks like a puppy again in this photo.

Great shot, honey!

Eric S. said...

Thank you, sweetheart.
I'm glad you like it. :)

Rene said...

That is a very good shot and the overexposure really enhances the mood and expression.
Pets are funny about collars, I guess, our kittehs don't like the tag that's around their neck and from time to time they try to bite it off.

Shauna said...

cute pup!

Eric S. said...

She's adorable. :)