Saturday, May 10, 2008

Greetings from DeKalb!

I'm sitting in my ladylove's living room in DeKalb.

For those of you who've read her blog, you saw I got here the other day. The drive wasn't that bad this time...it only took about 8+ hour this time. Since I knew where I was going, having done it before, I was able to go a little faster.

Of course, to get back here to her arms, I think I'd crawl if I needed to.

Her Gram isn't feeling too well. She's 99 years old, God bless her, and I think it's amazing she's made it this far. Her brother and one of her best girlfriends drove up here from North Carolina to be with her, and she asked me to come up as well.

Driving out here, it felt like I was coming back home. I feel at home here. I love her, I love her kids, I love her friends...I'm welcomed here. It feels...right.

My home in Pittsburgh is waiting for me, as are the problems that are there.

For the moment...it's all good. I'm here. I'm home.

4 comments:

Rene said...

Enjoy home and just be confident that you will be able to face the challenges in Pittsburgh too.

DarkerNights said...

yay. be happy dude

Shauna said...

enjoy!

Anonymous said...

wow 99 years old! amazing yes. Sorry she isn't feeling well though.

you two look so sweet together. ^^ I like that photo.