Monday, April 16, 2007

Vienna comes to Toronto in December

Sigh...

If I were a rich man...

Okay, so I'm not Topol, but I can understand his lament.

Andre Rieu is coming to Toronto this December, and he's bringing a taste of Vienna with him. He's taking over the Rogers Centre for a massive concert with his orchestra, guest stars, dancers, an ice rink...

Check out this video from his website. They're showing scenes from the concert he gave last year in Schonbrunn, Vienna. I have this DVD...the concert was incredible.

For those of you unaware, I love Viennese Waltzes. I'll be attending the Andre Rieu concert here next month (a bittersweet affair, to be sure, because My Kid won't be able to attend...no doubt at some point during the show, I'll shed a tear or two), but to be able to attend this concert...with all the pomp, circumstance and elegance...would be incredible.

Ah, if I were a rich man...

7 comments:

Onestar said...

Lorri said:

"Wow, that sounds quite impressive, and like such a wonderful concert! But, you will see him next month. And, who knows, by then, you might be able to attend.

I know, I know, sweetie...it will be bittersweet...but...Mum will be there in spirit...because you will think of her.

Hugs and love to you, sweetie"

Shauna said...

hope springs eternal

Onestar said...

I'll opt for hitting the lottery instead. ;)

Rene said...

Dude ... you know ... just grab life by the b...horns and book a ticket already ... you know you can afford it ... you just need to plan around it :-)

Onestar said...

Yeah, well...after this Friday, I won't be able to afford anything for awhile...

Shauna said...

Even if you can't do that particular event, you'll find something that works for you.

Onestar said...

This is true.
I do have May 18th to look forward to...