Friday, April 06, 2007

Offline

Religion is a subject I rarely discuss. It's one of those "internal" things I have, and one of the few subjects I will rarely talk about with others.

I was raised Roman Catholic, but I chose, years ago, to move away from the church. Yet, to this day, I still follow some of the traditions, the rituals that were drilled into my head as a youth.

One of them is Good Friday. For those unaware, on Good Friday, it's tradition to abstain from meat and fast between meals. I still do this to this day, but I've also added one small addition: When I'm not at work, I stay offline.

No internet. No computers. Television or Radio are acceptable, but that's about it.

My sacrifice of choice, and lemme tell ya, it's a big one. ;)

I'll likely be offline after I leave work today until late Saturday night.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

4 comments:

Lorri said...

Have a good weekend. *hugs*

Rene said...

OK, wow ... good for you!
Have a great weekend Onie!

Sterl said...

Hope you had a good weekend, Onie. *hugs*

Kel said...

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend Mr Onie!