Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Been awhile, hasn't it?

When last we left our intrepid hero, Captain Onestar was trying to make it through hostile alien territory when his star cruiser's anti-matter containment system malfunctioned. Alone, desperate and lonely, it looked like all was lost for the beloved Captain, as marauding hordes of bug-eyed aliens swarmed toward his position...

Yeah, I know. I haven't posted anything in awhile. There is no excuse for me leaving you hanging with a cliffhanger of a posting, saying my car was at the shop, but not saying what happened? How dare I do such a thing to you, faithful friend and reader, for not finishing what I started?

Eh, seems I do that quite a bit anyway. Damn this ADD! Ooo...lookie at the pretty butterfly flying past...

...
...
...

...I'm sorry, what was I saying? Oh, yeah, the car.

Turns out the problem was the resevoir for the coolant. It was cracked and leaking. Between that and one of the gasket covers was leaking, my credit card too a $400 hit that I wasn't expecting. Still, since the car's 10 years old (and just passed 100k, as you well know), these things are to be expected.

Let's see. Anything else interesting happen in the last fortnight...

My Kid's 82 birthday was last Monday. The day before, we all had a big party for her out at the nursing home. She was so adorable, but it was still hard on a couple of my family members (one young, one not so young) who hadn't seen her in awhile, I think. I wish they could get out to see her more often, but...I can only do so much.

Looks like the medicade (long term nursing care) from the State will finally be approved, after four months. That's a good thing, more for the nursing home than anything else.

Work is work. Less I say about it, the better.

I'm still boycotting the RIAA for the month, but it's difficult sometimes. There are some CDs I'd love to buy, but can't, and it's been good, not spending the cash (now that I have a credit card payment again), but I have been investing in other toys.

This past weekend, I bought a Night Sun. For those of you wondering what that means, it's a honkin' big flashlight. 2.25 MILLION candlewatt power.

Why did I buy it, you ask? It was on sale. I'm a sucker for bargains like that.

Needless to say, I tried it at night at home, after I charted it up...holy crap in a hat, Batman. That is one bright sonofabeeyoch. Do NOT look directly at the thing, or your grandkids will be seeing spots.

Okay, that's all for now. Promise I won't leave you hanging in the lurch again (unless I get distracted or forget) and will try to stop back more often.

8 comments:

Rene said...

LOL on the torch ... such an impulse buyer you are (but I hope you didn't buy it off them late night Tell Sell TV shows?!) ... now I hope it will have a use as well down the line.
Glad your car got fixed; what would you do without? Not go to work? :P

Shauna said...

Captain Onestar?

does that mean you're wearing tights now?

Onestar said...

Nope. I bought it in a home improvement store. It was up front, near the checkouts, and a good deal.

And, my dear priestess, however you see me in your fantasies, I'll leave it there...

Anonymous said...

A night sun...why?? LOL Okay, it was a good deal...but...why?? Oh, Captain Onie, what are we to do with you!!!

Does it help others to see through the pillow?? :)

Onestar said...

No one sees the pillow! *insert evil laugh here*

I don't know what I'm gonna do with it right now...but I figure, when the power goes out, I'm all set! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you'll be more than set..lol.

"Blinded by the light..." Love that song. It seems to fit you perfectly.

<3

ProsePetals said...

I'd all but given up on looking in here and expecting an update on the latest cartoon superhero update. *smirk* Anyway...

Happy belated b-day to The Kid...*hug*

Brought to you by nrkyf. Hmm. seems right, about now somehow. *smirks again*

Anonymous said...

Startrek has a lot to answer for...lol.

Glad the car is fixed. Being without can be irritating.

We've got one of those lights! (rarely use it -- but we got it.) They're great for shadow puppets and scaring campers. (heats up the inside of a tent pretty good...from the outside. *grin*) Oh and the deer always get that "deer in the headlights" look...(and raccoons, opossum, and whatever else that lurks in the woods at night.)