Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday afternoon surprise

Ohmigawd.
Ohmigawd.
Ohmigawd.

(Jeez, I sound like this flowerpetal I know...)

So I'm coming up from the basement, where I'm doing laundry (the domestic god Onestar does iron, ladies) and happen to catch a glimpse of something sitting on the birdbath in the backyard.

I thought at first it was a squirrel sitting up on its haunches, but when I took a closer look...it was a hawk!

We've got a couple that call my neighborhood "home", but this was the first time he came so close to the house: Usually, I see them perched on top of the church steeple the next block over.

He was beautiful.

Thankfully, he stayed long enough for me to get the camera...



It...was...so...cool!

7 comments:

Lorri said...

Yes, he is a beauty, and so is the photo.

I commented over at flickr.

Onestar said...

Yeah, well, I'm an attention whore.
I hadda post it everywhere...but he was so cool!

Anonymous said...

omigawd omigawd omigawd...

lmao

yeah, he's gorgeous.

Onestar said...

Yeah, I figured you'd like that. :)

Rene said...

Oh my, in your back yard, that is pretty astonishing *nods*

Anonymous said...

!!!!

that is SO COOL! And I am so jealous! (lol) I would love to get a pic like that...to see it so close up. Wow...

Nice pic! :D

Anonymous said...

He is Beautiful! (but I've told you this already).
Gee...I'm not as domesticated as I thought I was...I don't iron.