Thursday, February 15, 2007

March of the Librarians

March of the Librarians.

I worked in a library for 13+ years, starting as a part-timer in the end processing unit (slapping plates inside the front cover, stamping the ends of the books and hiding tattletape in the spines), working my way up to a courier, to a page, to a stackmaster (please don't ask), before finally landing the prime gig of Return Desk Nazi at the Circulation Desk.

I was so proud.

So, libraries (and librarians in particular, having dated a few in my day) are of a particular interest to me.

I found this parody of March of the Penguins over at Neatorama, and watched with particular glee. You may not find it as funny as I did, but then you haven't spent hours upon hours of making sure books are shelved in the correct call number order...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, interesting, and I wonder who will respond in here, other than me. ;)

Onestar said...

I dunno.

Right now...it's kinda empty. ;)

Shauna said...

the Dewey Decimal system is sexy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Worked nights in a library one summer when I was in High School. (I had three jobs at once that summer...;) ) I don't know what I was called but it involved a lot of sorting and cart loading. Librarians are ... um ... interesting?

Onestar said...

Dewey Decimal is sexy?
Damn, I'm screwed.
We used the Library of Congress system. ;P

And trust me, squoshie, librarians can be VERY interesting... :)

Shauna said...

library of congress system??

oh.my gawd.

*fans self*


heh heh

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've met the right librarians then... ;)

Onestar said...

I'm tellin' ya darlin', you gotta go to some of those librarian parties.
They can be a wild bunch when they let their hair down... :-D

C to the Woo! said...

Librarians may be interesting, but they can't hold a light for English teachers to go by...hehe