Monday, February 19, 2007

Who said a man may work from sun to sun?

Okay, so I originally posted this over on my Storm Artist's page, but really, it belongs over here...with a few changes...

Whoever said weekends are for relaxing obviously wasn't a homeowner.

Being a bachelor is a wonderful thing, lemme tell ya, but there are times when it can be exhausting, especially when you own your own home and spend all your free time trying to keep it clean.

Yes, folks, I clean. Cleaned the toilet and the rest of the bathroom, dusted, polished the furniture, ran the sweeper, scrubbed the kitchen floor, and did three loads of laundry Sunday afternoon. This was after spending a good part of Saturday out with The Kid...but that's another story for another time.

Of course, it's not Monday morning, and I'm back at work, so there wasn't much of a chance to relax. 5:30 comes REALLY early in the morning, especially after sleeping in on the weekend (until 8:30).

At one time, it was suggested (by someone who almost became Mrs. Onie...but we all know how that worked out) that we get someone into the house to clean it. I never felt comfortable with that, and not because I didn't like the thought of some stranger coming into my house.

It's more of a matter of pride, I suppose. I was raised, trained, how to clean and keep a neat house. I'm not above getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing the floor. I'm not above running the vacuum cleaner or dusting.

I own my home. It's my responsibility to keep it clean. Might not do as good as job as some, but at the end of the day, I can say...I did that.

And besides, I'd have to clean the place before whomever got there! I can't have them see a dirty house, for pity's sake... ;)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep breathing! :)

Yes, housework is never completely done, take it from me!!

Shauna said...

Heh..

I'm the same way. I'd have to clean before 'help' came over.

There are some moments when everything being neat and tidy are important. Othertimes, letting those dust bunnies (rhinos?) sit and wait while you relax or get out and enjoy life is just fine.

<3

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would have to clean it too, before the help arrived. LOL

I agree with GM, there are times when letting those dust elephants, bunnies and giraffes sit, is more important.

Onestar said...

Wait.

You mean I'm...allowed...to goof off?

I don't have to sneak it in?

Dayum.

Here I've been doing it all wrong for YEARS!

;)

Shauna said...

Goof off! Jump on the bed. Dance nekkid on the kitchen table if you want.

Onestar said...

If I tried to dance nekkid on the kitchen table, I wouldn't have enough room.

Small kitchen table. Microwave takes up most of the room.

Dancing naked elsewhere in the house is a possibility, however...

Shauna said...

*Has visions of Onie bopping thru his house while nekkid as a jaybird*

:)

Anonymous said...

There's always the "do your housework naked" plan. :)

Onestar said...

Doing the housework naked is all right, until I start...using the power tools. :)

Shauna said...

You may want to be careful about your cleaning products too.

Onestar said...

Check. Chemical products would be bad as well. *makes more mental notes*

And do you often fantasize about me cleaning naked? ;)

Shauna said...

no comment

;)

Anonymous said...

Cleaning is never done, just necessary..

Glad to see everything is going well.

Tired of the snow yet?

:-) Aloha!

Onestar said...

I don't think I'll ever get tired of snow, but I do know when enough is enough.

It's just not that time yet. *insert evil laugh here*

Rene said...

And never ever put eggs or bacon in the frying pan while being nekkid ;-)

Anonymous said...

"And besides, I'd have to clean the place before whomever got there! I can't have them see a dirty house, for pity's sake... ;)"

rofl
I've thought that same thing. haha