Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Meme for grown-ups

I love the meme. It's fun, simple and somewhat addictive. Downside is that most of them are designed for teenagers/college students/etc. It's been a long time (25 years) since I graduated high school, so a lot of those questions just don't apply.

A quick Google search later...


50 questions for the people who are a little older...


1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Well, the credit card folks would love to hear from me... (cough)

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Been awhile (that'll change), but it had to be Chianti's in Geneva.

3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to? Was your husband/wife your 1st?
I regret very little in life, and no, it wasn't my future wife. :)

4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be ?
Nothing. Everything that has come before has made me the man I am today. I'm okay with this.

5. Name of your first grade teacher?
Oh. My. God. I can't remember! I think it was one of the nuns...

6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Sitting across the dining room table from Julie.

7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I always wanted to write comic books.

8. How many colleges did you attend?
1, but I worked at three of them.

9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was clean.

10. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
They're much better here in Arizona than in Illinois.

11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?
I'd take Julie and the kids to Pittsburgh, probably.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I woke up on my own. No alarm today.

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I miss you, sweetheart.

14. Do you miss being a child?
I came to terms years ago with the inner child in me. I'm happy where I am now.

15. Who is your best friend? Why are they your best friend?
Tim's my best friend. Julie's my best friend.

16. What errand/chore do you despise?
I always hated yard work. Thankfully, I don't do it anymore.

17. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
It depends on what I'd be doing.

18. Get up early or sleep in?
Early.

19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Wile E. Coyote.

20. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Just spend time together. I'm happy with the simple things in life.

21. Have you found real love yet?
Damn straight.

22. When did you first start feeling old?
When I realized I was old enough to be the father of incoming college freshmen!

24. Your favorite lunch meat?
Pastrami

25. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Usually something I didn't really need.

26. Beach or lake?
Lake

27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. I've been really looking forward to mine.

28. Do you own property?
Not anymore.

29. Favorite Guilty pleasure?
Hostess Apple Pies. Ever since Julie had her gall bladder removed, I've looked at labels. Do you have any idea how much fat is in one of those? Still love 'em, though.

30. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
I plead the fifth. Last thing I want is anyone to find out I like...

31. What’s your drink?
Tea, either iced or hot.

32. Cowboys or Indians?
Never played it when I was a kid.

33. Cops or Robbers?
See #32.

34. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Ed Bauer, just to see him wrapped around his daughter's finger.

35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
55 Radio Margaritaville. XM Radio, baby!

36. Norm or Cliff?
I haven't watched Cheers in years, but I liked Norm.

37. Grey’s or ‘The Office?
Don't watch either of 'em.

38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
I made mistakes, and I am sorry. Let it go and move on.

39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
Usually there's a server across from me, and I'm really ambivalent about it.

40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Celebrities do nothing for me, but it'd likely be a comedian. Robin Williams, Alonzo Bodden or maybe Jon Steward or Stephen Colbert.

41. Indoors or Outdoors?
Indoors!

42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
I bumped someone once, backing up...

43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Thankfully, no.

44. Last book you read?
Just finished My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler. I'm reading The Collected Sherlock Holmes right now.

45. Do you have a teddy bear?
Yes

46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
Damned if I know.

47. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
Northern California. Never been to San Francisco.

48. Do you go to church?
Nope.

49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
It'd have to be a career. I love Julie and wouldn't give her up for anything.

50. How old are you?
42 for three more days.

No comments: