Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Delayed a day

I was going to be back in Pittsburgh yesterday, but I didn't get there.

Had a couple errands to run yesterday morning before left Dekalb. Well, after the last one, got into the car...and she wouldn't turn over.

Sigh.

Called AAA, and they said it'd be an hour before someone could get there to jump the car. Mind you, where I was parked was near the County Seat, and three police cars passed me while I was sitting there with the hood up. Think one of them would stop to offer assistance? No...

AAA came, jumped it and said the battery was gone. The alternator was charging it (thank God...replacing the alternator was the LAST thing I wanted to do), but I should replace the battery before headed out.

On the advice of Julie's brother, I went to Farm and Fleet (I love Middle America...such cute names for things) and spent another hour waiting for them to install the battery.

By the time I got back to Julie's place (loaded with Sliders from White Castle...haven't had them in a LONG time), it was kinda late in the day. Julie suggested I spend the night instead of getting into Pittsburgh at 2 in the morning. I personally think she didn't want me to leave... ;)

So it's one last blog entry from here, check the weather and the Woot-Off, and then back to the burgh. Spend a day cleaning the house before my love arrives.

7 comments:

Squooshiewoodums said...

I love Farm & Fleet! There's one in Imlay City (about 20 min away) so they're not just a "Middle America" store. :P
You had them install it? *shakes head* Even "I" know how to install a car battery... geez (gotta be a city boy thing) :-)

Lorri said...

Hi city boy! :) LOL.

Safe trip back.

Shauna said...

back to the city where dem cows are cows ;)

loveno88 said...

1. Farm & Fleet is a cute name?
2. People in this city will 'jump' your car if you ask them, unlike your city.
3. Sliders will kill you.
4. I didnt want you arriving home in the middle of the night. Its scarrrry in the big city at night.
5. What the fuck is a 'Woot-off'?
6. Dont clean too much, we wont be home anyway.

I love you and thanks for a fucking awesome week....

See you in less than 48 hrs.

Eric S. said...

I walked up to the counter and said I needed one, and they said they could install it.
City-boy here never installed one. So there. :-D

Eric S. said...

Sweetheart:

1) Yeah, it's cute.
2) Talk to people? We don't do that in the city. ;) (KIDDING!)
3) I haven't had a slider in a long time, and likely won't have another for some time.
4) Aww...you care!
5) http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q9
6) I've just gotta touch up a couple thing...

Love you too, baby.

Rene said...

I got your back, Onie-man ... I would have done the same; I'm not gonna dirty my hands if it's a service provided for!