Sunday, May 13, 2007

Wake-up Call

Sunday morning. 6:30 AM.

I'm sleeping peacefully. Resting. No intention of getting up for at least another hour, when I hear a screeching outside my bedroom window.

I look outside and one of the local squirrels is sitting there.

Woodland nymph (File photo of the offender, currently referred to as "Mooch" or "Hammy".)

He wants me to get up to feed him. I yell out the window to go away and let me sleep.

Next thing I hear is a couple "thuds" downstairs near the back door.

The damage is done. I'm awake. I go downstairs and look...the squirrel is jumping against the screen door!

Sigh.

No sleep for me, and no peanuts for him today.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww...you know, that's kind of sweet. Maybe annoying? But still kinda sweet (at least from my point of view *L*)

My Great Dane use to come through our screen door. Uh...we had sliding doors all along the back of the house, on the deck. He went right through those screens a few times. eep.

Shauna said...

monster squirrel?

Squooshiewoodums said...

You, sir, have been claimed. You are now the property of "Mooch". Now he's trying to train you....LOL. Good luck!

Onestar said...

Yeah, I've been claimed. Sigh...

:)

Foodie said...

The squirrel owns you now. Onie The Squirrel Owned Man

:D

Sterl said...

Soon, the squirrel's going to form a labor union and demand minimum wage. *grins*