Friday, May 18, 2007

Two hours and fourty minutes of Heaven on Earth

Friday night...
...scratch that.

Saturday Morning. Midnight.

Got home from the Andre Rieu concert about an 45 minutes ago.

Do I even have to tell you it was incredible?




Yes, there were moments when a tear popped into my eye, and My Kid was on my mind a bit, but it was beautiful. Sitting on the aisle in the center, three rows back, the view was amazing. The artists could see me as easily as I could see them (and given my good posture, odds are, they could see me more than anyone else in my section).

He did the standard fare: Strauss Waltzes, a polka or two, O Mio Bambino Caro (with the lovely Carmen Monarca singing...she is beautiful). There were some surprises, a new face or two (including a new soprano from Australia whose name I didn't catch, but whose voice...and figure...one could not ignore), and he did Bolero.

Bolero. I love Bolero! One of my all-time favourite pieces.

Of course, during the whole encore, the Pittsburghers stayed in their seats. I tried to stay standing and dance...yes, I did shake my moneymaker...when they played Marina, but given my height and girth, I didn't want to deprive the poor guy sitting behind me from seeing the stage.

Brahms' Lullabye came too quickly to close the show.

It was a beautiful, magical night. Wonderful. I loved every second of it. Maestro Rieu, thank you for another wonderful concert.

And if any of the ladies in the orchestra happen to read this blog, I was the goofball in the third row dancing...your beauty made the night all the better. :)

P.S. If you'd like to see more pictures, check out my flickr account!

7 comments:

Foodie said...

It's great to hear you had such a good time!

I bet the ladies in the orchestra had a great time looking at you dance too :)

Mrs. Hillis said...

I'm glad you had a good time, sweetie...

Rene said...

I'm so gald you went and enjoyed yourself, my friend.
So, you are ditching the sexy saxophone player now for the new soprano? :P

ProsePetals said...

*hug* Glad you had a good time. *smile*

Onestar said...

Thanks folks. :)

Kel said...

glad to hear you had a wonderful time :D

Foodie said...

there's something I want you to look at Onie : )

http://redcherrycandy.blogspot.com/2007/05/wear-suscreen.html