Friday, November 10, 2006

Remember...

I cannot take credit for the following. It appeared years ago...decades ago, actually...in my local newspaper.

My brother cut it out and gave it to me. It's been in my wallet ever since.

It has special meaning to me. I just want to share it with you.

Please continue to work hard. Achieving success is not easy, but nothing worth having is.

Please don't be afraid of failing or making mistakes. I have made them, some in raising you. Few of life's mistakes are permanent. Most are just hard learning experiences. Learn from your mistakes.

Please make the choices that you will confront in life wisely. Life is fragile, not to be feared, but to be respected. Drink from the river of life, but drink slowly and carefully. It is one river that will never dry up, but it can drown those who do not respect its power.

Please wear your success with the same humility with which you wear your failures. You will experience both of these in your life. Let each of them lend to your growth as a person.

Please have the courage to stand up for your convictions, to speak up against injustice, to lend a hand to someone not as fortunate as yourself. To give of oneself is to truly give.

Please give to others in life the same respect and honesty that you desire from them.

Please be happy in your life. Happiness is not a constant state. Welcome her when she comes like a budding plant welcomes a spring shower. Know that some days will be better than others and that the sad times help us to appreciate the glad times.

Above all, please always know that I am here for you when you need me, my counsel is given to you from the depths of my heart and soul. Always well intended. Please know that I love you.

-Author Unknown

1 comment: