Friday, April 17, 2009

A quick plug

Okay, I've gotta pimp an old friend here.

My buddy Adam writes an amazing blog/column/whatever for the Lehigh Valley (PA) Live newspaper. Remember newspapers? Ink printed on this thing called "paper". I know, nostalgia will be my downfall.

I highly recommend checking out this week's "rant", on technology and concert going.

I've known Adam since my college days, and he is still my favourite writer. Period.

Go check him out, and tell him "Eric still has the pictures...make good with the next payment or they get leaked".

3 comments:

Rene said...

I agree with him wholeheartedly. Social media are coming to a blowout. Also see http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/02/17/twitter.surgery/index.html

Cami said...

Adam Richter is absolutely right. You wouldn't believe what I see at formal concerts, going to them all the time. Texting is a big part of it. The worst thing I've ever seen is a girl texting during her band rehearsal. A soon-to-be professional concert musician, texting during her ensemble's valuable practice time! GRAGH *rant-rant-ranty-rant*

Jen said...

Maybe what they need is a dose of denial. With twenty years between my next-to-last concert, Cooper, and my last one, Rush, let me tell ya... I nursed two beers in three hours because I didn't want even a BUZZ to distract me from what I was watching. :P

Then again, I don't own a cell phone... *grinandwink*