Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday morning coming down

Yeah, it's not the most original title, but it's a quiet Sunday morning 'round these parts, and while I have nothing of any real importance to say, I'm still posting something. It's the
middle of a three-day weekend. I've been looking forward to this weekend for awhile, for various reasons.

27 days.

Yes, it's on my mind. Yes, I'm thinking about it, and no, if you don't know what that means, I'm not going to tell you.

It's silly, yes. I know it's "just a number", but, when I was but a wee l'il one, for some reason, this year, that number, weighed heavy on my mind. I don't know why.

I'm not trying to be maudlin about it. I'll thank the flowerpetal and just say "it is what it is", and leave it at that for the moment.

Went to the weekly outdoor Jazz concert I mentioned previously last night. A local Jazz legend, Kenny Blake, was the feature attraction, and man, can he play. I've a couple of his CDs around here, and he sounds so much better live. It's a shame last night was the last concert of the season, but at least I have my chair and there's next year.

Not much else to say at the moment. If I have something more to add, I'll do so later. Until then...

27 days

7 comments:

Shauna said...

could be worse *shrugs*


be well

Morandia said...

it's not that bad... I'm already there and I lived through it

Mrs. Hillis said...

guardianmoon is right...it could be a lot worse.

Foodie said...

dunno what 27 days means and I feel like I should :(

Anonymous said...

I'm with cherry. I feel like I should know this too.

*hugs*

Lorri said...

Just breath it away, sweetie. Not a biggie, one moment to the next, that's all, and nothing you even notice. So it goes...

Hugs

I'm glad you had a good time.

Rene said...

Some say life begins at ...