Saturday, October 14, 2006

Life or something like it

Bunch'a quickie updates, since I've nothing important to say:

  • My car still has no rear passenger window. There's a plastic bag covering it. I'd hoped I could get it fixed before the start of the work week, but the body shop I went to for the estimate hasn't gotten back to me yet. They'll open Monday at 7:30 AM. I'll call 'em at 7:31.
  • I spent today cleaning the house, since it'd been a good two-and-a-half weeks since the last really good cleaning. Oh, I've dusted here and sprayed there, and I took a weekend in Niagara Falls, but the house needed a good cleaning. A good six hours of housework today. It was worth it.
  • Speaking of Niagara Falls, I'm glad I went up there last weekend. Two feet of snow! I-90 closed for 105 miles! I'd have been stuck in the middle of that had I gone this weekend. I read that they had to use snowmobilers to get food and water to stranded motorists. Of course, that would've been more akin to my luck.
  • Last week...the trees were beautiful up there. So many gorgeous colors, streaming past at 80 miles per hour...
  • Tomorrow, I'm taking down the front porch awnings. That's a sure sign of the coming Winter...
That's all. Nothing much else to add. If I think of something else, I'll write about it later.

Oh, but I can at least share a picture with you:

4 comments:

Lorri said...

What a lovely photo!

Yes, I heard about the problems with snow, and thought about you, and how you could have been stuck, there.

Ah, house cleaning! Joy, joy, joy!! :)

Hugs

Lorri said...

Oh, and, I am sorry your car isn't repaired yet, what a nuisance, for sure.

Hugs

Shauna said...

sorry about your car. Hope it will come sooner rather than later. You clean AND dust? If you do windows too, you're hired. :)

Anonymous said...

Guess you'll never use that body shop again LOL
Isn't there a car glass company that can do repair that kinda thing within 24 hours? That's what I did, and it only cost me half because the insurance picked up the other half.