Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Impressive...most impressive

Here's something that may (or may not) surprise you.
Sometime on Monday, I had my 10,000th visitor to this blog.

Wow. 10,000 hits. My ramblings have caused over 10,000 visits.

That should do something for my ego, but I'm not sure what.

It's a little after 11 here. On the east coast, it's already Wednesday. That's one of the things that has really fascinated me since I moved to DeKalb last November, the one-hour time difference.

Back East, folks are watching Letterman or Conan after Midnight, but here, we can see them and still be in bed before the next day. Shows start one hour earlier. I'll admit, my television watching habits have changed drastically over the years, but I find it fascinating to see the so-called "Prime Time" start at 7 here. Oh, and it's really weird to see the 10 0'clock shows start at 9. Still throws me off a bit.

Tonight was dinner and a movie here at my place. I made pasta Campanelle pasta with ground turkey tomato sauce. Made some cheesy garlic bread. Julie had to wait for Jessica to come back and pick up Curtis before she could come over to eat. I felt bad, pestering her, asking if she was there yet, but I didn't want dinner to be cold for her. Thankfully, it wasn't.

She's gone home and gone to bed, and I'm about to do the same myself. Gotta get up early tomorrow: Julie works from 6AM to 2PM, and I take her to work. It's no big deal. I'm happy to give her a lift.

Not much to add. Just thought it was kinda cool, going over 10,000 hits.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Yep, that is pretty cool. Time differences annoy me usually...trying to keep track. EST is not my favorite zone, no less...but of all the things that can and do annoy me, that's way low on the list...LOL!

Rene said...

Where do you see the number of hits? (Because now I'm interested to know how many hits I've had ...)
I like central time, makes it easier to watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson :D

Shauna said...

10000....

cool