Monday, December 15, 2008

Thoughts from the morning


Thanks to Tim for sending me this pic.

There was an open house back in Da Burgh yesterday. I haven't heard from the Realtor yet to see how it went.

I've finally got Internet access here at my place. Took awhile, three phone calls to The Evil Empire, a new DSL modem (old faithful didn't survive the trip, apparently) that some twit at Bestus Buys didn't say they have in stock, but I found right there on the bloody shelf and a bit o' tweaking and geeking. It was worth it, though. I've a faster Internet connection than it was in Da Burgh, the Vonage line is up and running, so I can just put the cell back to "emergency use" and/or "texting only" modes.

Still no movement on the job front, although I've found a couple possibilities, or so I hope. The school district is looking for a geek, and I happen to be one, who has...

  • loads of customer service experience
  • familiar with the education environment
  • training and teaching skills (I used to train new part-time staff years ago)
  • Geek cred out the wazoo.



Now all I need is them to hire me.

Of course, there are other avenues I'd like to pursue as well, possibly. The local Barnes and Nobles is a good possibility (12 years in a library might give me an edge) and I've even put in an application at Caribou Coffee. I think that'd be fascinating, working at a coffee shop. I'd dreamed of owning one, awhile back, and this would be a good experience. I've even worked in a job where I was on my feet for 8 hour shifts before...

And, most important of all, I get to see Julie. It's wonderful knowing I don't have a 9 hour drive to be with her, just a two minute (or less) walk around the block to her place. Tonight, the family will be at her place. We're gonna make sammiches and watch Dark Night.

This is a good life. I'm happy, I'm in love, and even without the job, I'm happy.

Now to figure out what to do for Christmas this year...

6 comments:

Rene said...

Being happy is all that matters :-)

Hope you get some good results from the open house event and your job apps.

Lorri said...

Help! I've misplaced your address. Rene is probably laughing his head off, because I misplaced his too, and emailed him.

Love and hugs.

Lorri said...

Good luck on your job search, and the house selling.

Hugs

loveno88 said...

Update....Eric the Bus Driver

Eric S. said...

Maybe. We'll see.
I hope so...

Rene said...

Bad Lorri, bad Lorri ...
*finding his head again*