Thursday, December 18, 2008

My GPS won't tell me where my life is headed.

I'm a little nervous this morning.

I've got a job interview in a little over an hour from now. First one of these I've had in a few months, and to say I'm anxious might be an understatement.

Best part is, it's to be a part-time school bus driver.

It's work, and after being off the clock for so long, I'm looking for any honest work. The fact that I have never driven anything larger than a van doesn't bother me too much. I figure, just because I've never done it before doesn't mean I can't do it. How am I supposed to know what I can or can't do if I don't try?

I spent the last 10 years of my life fixing computers. Before that, I spent 10 (or so) years working in a library. Seems that my life changes every 10 years or so, so maybe this is what the next phase of my life is supposed to be. Although I was kinda hoping it would have involved winning the lottery and living a life of ease, I guess bus driver is as close a substitute as I can get.

Oh, and they're calling for an ice storm up here this afternoon, along with, by tomorrow morning, between 9 and 12 inches of snow.

My love tried to warn me what the Winter was like out here, but as with most everything else, some things have to be seen to be believed.

I've been used to some heavy snowfalls back in Pittsburgh, but nothin' like this. No wonder Julie hates Winter. Seems like there's been snow on the ground out here since I arrived three and a half weeks ago.

I'm gonna go get in the shower, get dressed for the interview, and head over there. Wish me luck, kids, or at least give me good enough lottery numbers so I can get a truck or something...

4 comments:

Shauna said...

good luck

maybe you two should consider the bahamas



13
7
3
27
5

Cami said...

I've never seen an ice storm. It doesn't sound like fun to be in, but I'd have a blast takin' pictures of the havoc it wreaks. :D

I imagine your interview is over now... how'd it go?

loveno88 said...

Great picks, Shauna. 2 of them are my 'regular' numbers.

Im going to marry a bus driver....lol.

Life is Good!!! (and I mean that)

Mrs. Hillis said...

Good luck!