Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kinda/sorta 2008 meme in review

I borrowed this from my dear friend Charlotte's Facebook page.
Decided this was better in the blog here than over there...

Did you get a boyfriend or girlfriend?
I got all I could ever wish for in the woman I love.

Did you make a new friend?
One or two... ;)

Did you get into a physical fight with anyone?
I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Did you go to a funeral or wedding?
Both, actually.

Get so drunk that you passed out?
I don't drink, therefore, I don't get drunk. I did get so exhausted I sounded like I was drunk, however.

Lost your voice?
Much to a few's regret, no.

Had someone tell you that they liked/loved you?
Every day.

How has '08 been so far?
A year of major changes in my life.

How old do you want to be when you die?
I'm too busy living and enjoying my life right now to think about that.

How do you feel about love songs?
They're fine in their place. I've been known to sing a few of them in my time.

Who was the last person to call you?
Jessica called me ten minutes after I dropped her mom off at work, asking if she was still with me.

Have you ever talked on the phone in the shower/bathtub?
Neither, but I was always good at catching Prosey in the bath (Don't tell Rene!)

Where's the person you miss most?
Next question.

Do you just want to yell in someones face right now?
Nope.

Was today a good day?
It'll be better when I can go pick Julie after work.

Whats wrong right now?
My head is itchy. Oh, that whole "no job" thing as well.

What are your plans for this weekend?
Spend time with Julie when she doesn't have to work.

Are you dating the last person you kissed?
I went so far as to ask her to marry me. ;)

Do you still play in the snow?
Does shoveling Julie's driveway and sidewalk count?

Is it cute when a boy/girl calls you baby?
Only my angel.

Is there someone that you believe you will always be attracted to?
There is someone whom I will always care for as a friend, but nothing more than that.

Would you forgive a cheater?
Define "cheater".

Are you mean?
I believe we can all be mean in our own way, if we need to be, or when we choose to be.

Whos the first person in your contacts list in your phone?
Aw, damn. My phone's all the way at the other end of the table. I am not getting up to get it just to check. Probably something stupid like "*now*" or some shit like that...

Does it matter when your friends bring up your past mistakes?
Nope, 'cause I'd do the same for them!

Do you sing obnoxiously in the car?
Heh. You were obviously listening to me singing "Waterloo", weren't you?

When was the last time you stayed up all night on the phone?
April 13-14, 2008, and it wasn't on the phone, it was an IM chat with a certain someone...

Do you curse a lot?
Fuckin' A! Hell Yeah, you sonofabitch!

Would you go in public looking like you do right now?
Hmm...nah. I'd be too cold. (I leave the details of how I look to your imagination, dear reader. Please don't puke over the thought.)

What are you listening to?
Sirius/XM Satellite Radio. Channel 35, Holly. Jim Brickman's Christmas Is, to be specific.

Where did you begin 2008?
Jonesboro, AR, with a dear friend (whom I fear I've lost).

What was your status by Valentines Day?
Single, content to be alone for the rest of my life. (HA!)

Were you in school anytime this year?
Funny thing is, I worked for a school for part of this year...

Did you have to go to the hospital?
For myself? Thank God, no. No work means no insurance.
I went there for The Kid, however.

Did you have any encounters with the police?
Only counting the number of state troopers on the Ohio Turnpike on my numerous trips to DeKalb.

Where did you go on vacation?
One should have a job to consider it a true "vacation", but I like the weekend getaways Julie and I had this year, to Toledo and to Lake Geneva.

Did you know anybody who got married?
Yeppers.

Did you know anybody who passed away?
Yes, God rest their souls.

Did you move anywhere?
BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH! Oh, that was funny.
If you don't know the answer, I don't know what fuckin' blog you've been reading...

What concerts/shows did you go to?
Well, we saw the Madrigals this past weekend.

Describe your birthday:
Spent it with the woman I love.

What is the one thing you thought you would not do, but did, in 2008?
Get fired. Fall in love. Leave Pittsburgh.

What have been your favorite moments?
Holding Julie.

Any new additions to your family?
Yeah, I kinda joined one...

What was your best month?
Stick with the one that was the worst. March. Since then, they've all been better.

Made new friends?
Didn't you already ask me that? What? Are you getting senile or deaf?

Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
DeKalb, Illinois.

Have you lost any friends this year?
Yeah. Lost one good one, and I understand why.

Change your hairstyle?
No, but for the first time in nearly 25 years, someone else cut it...

Have any car accidents?
Thank God, no, and let's hope it stays that way.

How old did/do you turn this year?
41

Do you have a New Years resolution?
Find a job, love Julie with all my heart, and not fail.

Do anything embarrassing?
Feh. This is ME, remember? When haven't I done something that's not embarrassing...

Buy anything new from eBay?
eBay is eVil. I avoid it like the plague. Now, if you asked me about Amazon, Newegg, Fry's...we can talk.

Get married or divorced?
Got engaged. Marriage will come in 2011.

Get arrested?
Nope, but I've got another 8 days to go this year. Let's see if I can make it to 2009 safely.

Did you get sick this year?
A mild bug here or there. Nothing major.

Are you happy to see 2008 go?
On one hand, yeah. Losing my job for such a stupid reason still kinda hangs heavy in the back of my mind. But if I hadn't, I'd never have met Julie or started living my life for me. I'll just say "it is what it is" and leave it at that.

Been naughty or nice?
Yes.

What are you looking forward to most in 2009?
Curtis' birth, for now. After that...let's see what happens. ;)

2 comments:

loveno88 said...

How do I copy this???

Denise said...

*chuckle* Yeah...bathtub conversations are rather amusing. *raised eyebrows* I've taken to leaving all phones downstairs anymore when it's time to soak. *lol*