Sunday, August 05, 2007

Memories are made of this.

I had a glass of pineapple juice today.

It tasted so good. I swear, I haven't had a glass of pineapple juice in years. It evoked memories...simpler times, but the, memories generally are from simpler times.

It make me think of visits to Disneyland when I was a kid, and going to the tiki village. They always had pineapple there, either big hunks or glasses of pineapple juice, or frozen pineapple ice. It usually was warm or hot when we went, and it always tasted so good. Doesn't matter if I just ate, had something else, or whatever, when we got to the tropical tiki place, I had to have some pineapple juice.

There's a certain smell that comes with pineapple juice, along with the great taste. It lingers in the air, stays with you, reminds you just how good it can me. Even though I finished it about a half-hour back, I can still smell it, and enjoy the memories it carries.

Memories so strong, I had to talk about it, even if the words seem insignificant and can't compensate for the memories.

Still smells good. Tastes better.

In fact, it was so good, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go have another...

4 comments:

Foodie said...

it's like the smell of old, yellow pictures, even better if they are polaroids :)

just thinking about that makes me feel good

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm pineapples :)

orion.sx said...

Also going to places you used to frequent as a child, bring back all the memories you had of the place. Makes you wish you were a kid again.

pineapples are great though, wish I had some to eat right now.

Deanna Pasternak said...

Make Dawn bring you back a Maui gold pineapple the next time she comes to visit you guys.